OUCH!
Have you seen that car commercial (don't ask me which model, because I don't remember) where the guys get out at those ancient ruins, one of them steps on the wrong stone and this dart comes flying at his neck? Well, that commercial cracked me up the first time I saw it. However I woke up this morning with the entire right side of my neck throbbing with pain. Not the muscular kind, either. I felt like I had been shot with a dart. Luckily, that's not what had happened, it was just a huge gross-me-out pimple. Ugh. What a way to start off my day!
Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary with the greatest man in the world. We didnt' get to do much, because he had to teach all day and I sat at home and did laundry. We did eat dinner together after I went grocery shopping, but then he had to leave immediately for rehearsal. :( It's kinda like having your birthday on a weekday...it just feels too much like any other day. We will be celebrating tonight, though, by going to PF Chang's for dinner (thanks to a gift certificate from his mom!), just like we did last year. It's fun, and just expensive enough to make us feel like we're somewhere fancy. I'm really looking forward to it, because I feel like I have been so worthless all week. I've been getting a lot done around the house, but I feel cooped up. I'm almost ready (gasp!) to go back to classes just for something to do!
Here in a couple of weeks I'm going to be auditioning for another show, Into the Woods with the dreaded community theatre (NOT the same theatre I did J&H with, btw). I'm just hoping and praying for a better experience than I had with Show Boat, but that was a year ago, and I've had some time to cool down. Hopefully there will also be no hard feelings. *fingers crossed* I think this show would be a good one for me...lots of good character roles, and you have to be a helluva singer for ANY of them. I look forward to the challenge. :) I also found a copy of the script online (shhhh, dont' tell MTI on me!) so I can be a little more prepared than usual for this audition. I'll keep this blog posted about how the auditions go!
I have to go eat my daily serving of fruit now...don't tell my mother, but that apple-corer actually works REALLY well. *sigh* I hate when she's right.
Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary with the greatest man in the world. We didnt' get to do much, because he had to teach all day and I sat at home and did laundry. We did eat dinner together after I went grocery shopping, but then he had to leave immediately for rehearsal. :( It's kinda like having your birthday on a weekday...it just feels too much like any other day. We will be celebrating tonight, though, by going to PF Chang's for dinner (thanks to a gift certificate from his mom!), just like we did last year. It's fun, and just expensive enough to make us feel like we're somewhere fancy. I'm really looking forward to it, because I feel like I have been so worthless all week. I've been getting a lot done around the house, but I feel cooped up. I'm almost ready (gasp!) to go back to classes just for something to do!
Here in a couple of weeks I'm going to be auditioning for another show, Into the Woods with the dreaded community theatre (NOT the same theatre I did J&H with, btw). I'm just hoping and praying for a better experience than I had with Show Boat, but that was a year ago, and I've had some time to cool down. Hopefully there will also be no hard feelings. *fingers crossed* I think this show would be a good one for me...lots of good character roles, and you have to be a helluva singer for ANY of them. I look forward to the challenge. :) I also found a copy of the script online (shhhh, dont' tell MTI on me!) so I can be a little more prepared than usual for this audition. I'll keep this blog posted about how the auditions go!
I have to go eat my daily serving of fruit now...don't tell my mother, but that apple-corer actually works REALLY well. *sigh* I hate when she's right.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home