New Shoes = New Job
Here is some advice for all you women out there: Never go shoe shopping with Babs. :) Just kidding...but seriously, thanks to Babs' input last night at Kohl's and Payless Shoes, I now am the proud owner of two new pairs of awesome shoes!!
The first pair is actually a necessary pair. Every woman needs an everyday pair of black pumps. These are not so everday, though. VERY cute, thin heel (not too tall) with an open toe...black with white stitching as an accent. Very 1930's. They were on sale for $40, but thanks to my gift card, I only paid $28 for them. Not bad at all. I wore them to my job interview today...but more about that later.
The second pair of shoes is completely for fun. They are hot pink, jeweled, strappy sandals with a killer heel. Completely unnecessary, but completely sexy. Now I just need an excuse to wear them. Oh hell, they were only $10, so give me a break. :)
Anyway, on to the job interview. I interviewed at UNT today for a student position, temporary, but still it's a job. I knew going into this semester that I may need to get a temporary job or two to make it. I would rather do that than work in retail any day of the week! The position is for an Editorial Assistant. Basically, I'd be assisting in the proofreading of new class schedules and graduate/undergraduate catalogues, as well as just being an "assistant," and doing anything they needed in the office. The reason it's temporary is this: their full-time person for the job quit suddenly, leaving them in a tremendous bind. I will be their filler. They posted the job on Monday for the full-time position, but they are in no position to be without the help for however long it may be until someone applies that is good enough for the job. I hope NO ONE applies for it! :)
Anyway, the interview went really well (and I think it's because I wore my new Grace Ferrell shoes), and I'm supposed to give her a call tomorrow. The only downside is that it's on the same floor that my mother works on. Ugh. I just hope she stays in her own office. :)
I also got some bad news today. Some good friends of ours had invited us over to their house for dinner tomorrow night. I got an email from the wife of the couple today saying she had to cancel. I gave her a call, and it turns out that her husband decided to move out last night. COMPLETE SHOCKER. I had no idea there were any problems, and she said they were supposed to get together tonight to talk. I REALLY hope they work things out. They're a great couple, and they have a 3 year old little boy that's in the picture as well. Yikes. I'm actually glad they cancelled...I can usually feel tension in a room, and it sounds like it's pretty bad over there. *sigh* She doesn't really want to talk about it right now, and I can't say I blame her. I guess the best thing we can do is just pray for her and let her know that we love them both. What else can you do, really?
I start my new yoga class on Thursday night! I am very excited about actually getting off my ass and doing something that will make me feel better about myself. I need to go to Target tonight and get some clothes and try to find a yoga mat to take with me. I promised myself that I would do one nice thing for myself with my financial aid money, and I think this will work just fine. :)
The first pair is actually a necessary pair. Every woman needs an everyday pair of black pumps. These are not so everday, though. VERY cute, thin heel (not too tall) with an open toe...black with white stitching as an accent. Very 1930's. They were on sale for $40, but thanks to my gift card, I only paid $28 for them. Not bad at all. I wore them to my job interview today...but more about that later.
The second pair of shoes is completely for fun. They are hot pink, jeweled, strappy sandals with a killer heel. Completely unnecessary, but completely sexy. Now I just need an excuse to wear them. Oh hell, they were only $10, so give me a break. :)
Anyway, on to the job interview. I interviewed at UNT today for a student position, temporary, but still it's a job. I knew going into this semester that I may need to get a temporary job or two to make it. I would rather do that than work in retail any day of the week! The position is for an Editorial Assistant. Basically, I'd be assisting in the proofreading of new class schedules and graduate/undergraduate catalogues, as well as just being an "assistant," and doing anything they needed in the office. The reason it's temporary is this: their full-time person for the job quit suddenly, leaving them in a tremendous bind. I will be their filler. They posted the job on Monday for the full-time position, but they are in no position to be without the help for however long it may be until someone applies that is good enough for the job. I hope NO ONE applies for it! :)
Anyway, the interview went really well (and I think it's because I wore my new Grace Ferrell shoes), and I'm supposed to give her a call tomorrow. The only downside is that it's on the same floor that my mother works on. Ugh. I just hope she stays in her own office. :)
I also got some bad news today. Some good friends of ours had invited us over to their house for dinner tomorrow night. I got an email from the wife of the couple today saying she had to cancel. I gave her a call, and it turns out that her husband decided to move out last night. COMPLETE SHOCKER. I had no idea there were any problems, and she said they were supposed to get together tonight to talk. I REALLY hope they work things out. They're a great couple, and they have a 3 year old little boy that's in the picture as well. Yikes. I'm actually glad they cancelled...I can usually feel tension in a room, and it sounds like it's pretty bad over there. *sigh* She doesn't really want to talk about it right now, and I can't say I blame her. I guess the best thing we can do is just pray for her and let her know that we love them both. What else can you do, really?
I start my new yoga class on Thursday night! I am very excited about actually getting off my ass and doing something that will make me feel better about myself. I need to go to Target tonight and get some clothes and try to find a yoga mat to take with me. I promised myself that I would do one nice thing for myself with my financial aid money, and I think this will work just fine. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home