Mine is bigger than yours
So....now it's 2 down and 2 to go!! Michael got invited to audition at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY!!! (http://www.rochester.edu/Eastman) This is a huge deal for us because he had to actually send them a pre-screening CD of his singing 6 songs before they'd even invite anyone to audition. :-D We are very excited about this...he's a little more nervous than excited, which is to be expected.
I spoke to Dr. Jekyll on AOL Instant Messenger for a minute last night, and mentioned that Michael was going to audition at Eastman. And of course his response was, "Oh well take your snow boots because when I auditioned there it was snowing." OH. My bad. of COURSE you auditioned there. You've probably auditioned EVERYWHERE Michael will get an audition. You know what, dude, why dont' you and Michael just stand outside, compare dick size, and then see who can piss farther downwind. Jesus. He is so competitive with Michael. Michael doesn't care, and I didn't even tell him that he auditioned at Eastman, because after the Jekyll & Hyde fiasco, I think that would make him nervous...and he can do that on his own. I, for one, am so proud of him I can hardly speak to him about it without tearing up! I am having a hard time telling my parents about each subsequent audition that he secures. I can tell they are happy for him but that they realize that each audition is one step closer to the reality that, whereever he goes, I'm going with him. I'm sorry...I love my family dearly, but I'm not going to stay in this little area of Texas longer than the 23 years I've already been here just because they don't want me to go.
This Weekend (Warning to my theatre friends...football stuff included!!)
Well I finally took all the Christmas decorations down...just on a whim. I got up because I was sick of tripping over the Christmas trees (not real, obviously) that I'd had on the table, but took off because I at least wanted my dining room table to look normal again. So, while hubby watched football, I took down all the Christmas decorations, cleaned out the tall green cabinet, and threw away stuff...etc etc etc. I just went on a tear. But I was so happy once it was done...my apartment looks bare now that the Christmas stuff is put away, but I like the way it looks...it just makes the whole apartment feel cleaner. :)
This was Wild Card Weekend in the NFL. I actually really like watching the playoffs because it's so much more exciting than the regular season. It's not like baseball or basketball where each set of team plays the best of 7 games. Ohhhh no. One and done. You lose, you go home. See ya in August.
The Colts kicked the shit out of the Denver Broncos (go Peyton!). I like the Colts...but I really don't want to see them play the Eagles...Then the Green Bay Packers played the Minnesota Vikings. Everyone favored the Packers to win (even me...I wanted them to win), but somehow the Vikings just took them to school. It was actually painful to watch. Randy Moss, receiver for the Vikings, showed his ass, just like he always does. He's a really really bad sport, and one of those players that abuse his position and his salary. I put him up in the category with Ron Artest and Ben Wallace (Pistons/Pacers big fight...around THanksgiving time). Don't act like an asshole...literally. For the whole story: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3311208. I hope they fine the crap out of him. Anyway, now everyone is saying that the Vikings will beat the Eagles next week. Please. I hate bandwagon opinions. Just because they beat the Packers (who those same sportscasters said would WIN yesterday) doesn't mean at ALL that they can beat the Eagles...even without Terrell Owens. Whatever. Need I remind everyone that the Eagles kicked the pants off the Vikings early in the season? Get ready to moonwalk again, Donovan.
Those were the Sunday games...the ones I was really interested in. The Saturday games were a hell of a lot more exciting, but I didn't really care who won. The Rams beat the Seahawks, though, and that kinda made me sad...to see a grown man almost cry (Matt Hasselback...qb for the seahawks)...that's what heartbreak really looks like! The Jets beat the Chargers by a field goal in Sudden Death OT...so that was exciting too. I'm almost too scared to watch the Eagles game next weekend...I'm so sick of seeing them get so far only to lose...*fingers crossed*
Anyway, that's my football wrap-up. :)
I wrote my first press release this weekend, since I'll be helping CatPants and Maribou Sue with the marketing for the show Michael is in. That was interesting...now I just have to wait to get it back from CatPants and hope it didn't suck. LOL
I spoke to Dr. Jekyll on AOL Instant Messenger for a minute last night, and mentioned that Michael was going to audition at Eastman. And of course his response was, "Oh well take your snow boots because when I auditioned there it was snowing." OH. My bad. of COURSE you auditioned there. You've probably auditioned EVERYWHERE Michael will get an audition. You know what, dude, why dont' you and Michael just stand outside, compare dick size, and then see who can piss farther downwind. Jesus. He is so competitive with Michael. Michael doesn't care, and I didn't even tell him that he auditioned at Eastman, because after the Jekyll & Hyde fiasco, I think that would make him nervous...and he can do that on his own. I, for one, am so proud of him I can hardly speak to him about it without tearing up! I am having a hard time telling my parents about each subsequent audition that he secures. I can tell they are happy for him but that they realize that each audition is one step closer to the reality that, whereever he goes, I'm going with him. I'm sorry...I love my family dearly, but I'm not going to stay in this little area of Texas longer than the 23 years I've already been here just because they don't want me to go.
This Weekend (Warning to my theatre friends...football stuff included!!)
Well I finally took all the Christmas decorations down...just on a whim. I got up because I was sick of tripping over the Christmas trees (not real, obviously) that I'd had on the table, but took off because I at least wanted my dining room table to look normal again. So, while hubby watched football, I took down all the Christmas decorations, cleaned out the tall green cabinet, and threw away stuff...etc etc etc. I just went on a tear. But I was so happy once it was done...my apartment looks bare now that the Christmas stuff is put away, but I like the way it looks...it just makes the whole apartment feel cleaner. :)
This was Wild Card Weekend in the NFL. I actually really like watching the playoffs because it's so much more exciting than the regular season. It's not like baseball or basketball where each set of team plays the best of 7 games. Ohhhh no. One and done. You lose, you go home. See ya in August.
The Colts kicked the shit out of the Denver Broncos (go Peyton!). I like the Colts...but I really don't want to see them play the Eagles...Then the Green Bay Packers played the Minnesota Vikings. Everyone favored the Packers to win (even me...I wanted them to win), but somehow the Vikings just took them to school. It was actually painful to watch. Randy Moss, receiver for the Vikings, showed his ass, just like he always does. He's a really really bad sport, and one of those players that abuse his position and his salary. I put him up in the category with Ron Artest and Ben Wallace (Pistons/Pacers big fight...around THanksgiving time). Don't act like an asshole...literally. For the whole story: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3311208. I hope they fine the crap out of him. Anyway, now everyone is saying that the Vikings will beat the Eagles next week. Please. I hate bandwagon opinions. Just because they beat the Packers (who those same sportscasters said would WIN yesterday) doesn't mean at ALL that they can beat the Eagles...even without Terrell Owens. Whatever. Need I remind everyone that the Eagles kicked the pants off the Vikings early in the season? Get ready to moonwalk again, Donovan.
Those were the Sunday games...the ones I was really interested in. The Saturday games were a hell of a lot more exciting, but I didn't really care who won. The Rams beat the Seahawks, though, and that kinda made me sad...to see a grown man almost cry (Matt Hasselback...qb for the seahawks)...that's what heartbreak really looks like! The Jets beat the Chargers by a field goal in Sudden Death OT...so that was exciting too. I'm almost too scared to watch the Eagles game next weekend...I'm so sick of seeing them get so far only to lose...*fingers crossed*
Anyway, that's my football wrap-up. :)
I wrote my first press release this weekend, since I'll be helping CatPants and Maribou Sue with the marketing for the show Michael is in. That was interesting...now I just have to wait to get it back from CatPants and hope it didn't suck. LOL

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home