Live to Fight Another Day
First off, the mandatory NFL news:
What an awesome weekend in football! My very own Philadelphia Eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings and will go on to play the Atanta Falcons in the NFC Championship next weekend! Woot! Everyone was talking SO much shit about the Eagles because their starters have been out since the last two games of the regular season in order to avoid injury, and also about how without Terrell Owens the rest of the receiving team wouldn't step up to the challenge. So, all you NFL analysts, how does that crow you're eating taste? Need a little salt?
Now, let's just hope that the Eagles, who played amazing both defensively and offensively yesterday, can keep up their momentum and confidence level next weekend in the Championship game, and not blow it for the 4th year in a row. *fingers crossed*
Oh, and the BEST part of the game was when Josh Parry caught an excellent pass from Donovan McNabb, got the shit nailed out of him on the way to the end zone and he fumbled the ball up into the air....and RIGHT INTO THE HANDS of Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell in the endzone for a touchdown! Un-fucking-believable! We were jumping up and down on the couches!
The Best form of birth control....
is to baby-sit for your friends' kids. Jesus. I watched our newly-separated friend Micah's little boy, Jack (age 3), today for about 6 hours. Holy crap. He's totally little boy in every sense of the word. I used to want a little boy first, but not after today. Girls are so much easier to deal with. I don't have to pretend to play with little Power Ranger action figures and shit like that. I'm better with Barbies and My Little Pony! The worst part is, I have no authority over him...so when he starts acting up, I can't spank him or anything. I did make him stay in his room for about 30 minutes today after he threw something at me when he was mad at me for making him get dressed. *sigh* Damn, I'm worn out. I don't want kids for a while, that's for sure!
Another audition, another show...
I went to auditions for Into the Woods last night, and as promised, here is my re-cap.
I went to the Theatre first of all, because that's where auditions usually are for DCT shows, AND that's what the website said. However, when I got there I saw a sign on the door that said the auditions were being held at the new rehearsal space across town. Great. I've never been there before, so I copied down the crappy little map that was on the sign and made my way. Fifteen minutes later I arrived and auditions haven't even started yet. Not a good sign. Should've known I'd be there ALL NIGHT LONG.
I filled out my audition form, got my little paper number (23) and safety pin and went to wait in the little holding tank they had for us. Unlike most auditions for this company in past years, people were only going in one at a time into a little room. I've done that before, so it didn't make me any more nervous, but it sure did make the wait a hell of a lot more boring. Luckily I ran into some old friends (Rob & Leigh Ann, Jim L., etc) that helped pass the time with new gossip and always entertaining conversation. The only creepy thing was that Scot (with one "t") was there and being eerily friendly toward me, weird speech impediment and all (uh, there). Kind of disconcerting.
I finally got my turn to audition at about 9:20pm....and was happy to discover that the music director was vocalizing us since I had warmed up 2 hours before hand. They warmed me up really high, which was nice. I sang my two songs (oh that's another story...I had to scramble to find a second song, because I didn't know till we got there that we had to have an upbeat and a ballad. I just went to one from Jekyll & Hyde because it was easy and I already had it memorized!) and I felt pretty damn confident about my singing ability. The only thing I didn't like was that all the stuff they had me do was in soprano range, but I'd also like to be considered for some of the mezzo/belter roles (Little Red, the Baker's Wife, etc). I just hope the music director(s) and other people involved in casting or callbacks remember me from such character roles as Marty in Grease and Ellie in Show Boat.
So now...we wait. There is another round of auditions tonight, and callbacks are expected to be held on Tuesday night. I think I sang really well, but as always, it depends on what they're looking for. I REALLY want to do this show...
Three down...
I am amazed by this wonderful man in my life more and more every single day that I wake up next to him. He has heard now from another school, the New England Conservatory of Music (www.newenglandconservatory.edu) and has been offered an audition date!! That's three out of four...now we're just waiting on one more, which happens to be his first choice of schools. I am SO proud of him!!! :-D
Speaking of school, I go back tomorrow. Ugh. I'm SO glad this is my last long semester. Once May rolls around I'll have one teeensy little class more to take and then I'll be BORN FREE....FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS...... I can't wait.
That's it for now...I thought I had more to write about, but I guess I don't remember it all right now. :)
What an awesome weekend in football! My very own Philadelphia Eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings and will go on to play the Atanta Falcons in the NFC Championship next weekend! Woot! Everyone was talking SO much shit about the Eagles because their starters have been out since the last two games of the regular season in order to avoid injury, and also about how without Terrell Owens the rest of the receiving team wouldn't step up to the challenge. So, all you NFL analysts, how does that crow you're eating taste? Need a little salt?
Now, let's just hope that the Eagles, who played amazing both defensively and offensively yesterday, can keep up their momentum and confidence level next weekend in the Championship game, and not blow it for the 4th year in a row. *fingers crossed*
Oh, and the BEST part of the game was when Josh Parry caught an excellent pass from Donovan McNabb, got the shit nailed out of him on the way to the end zone and he fumbled the ball up into the air....and RIGHT INTO THE HANDS of Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell in the endzone for a touchdown! Un-fucking-believable! We were jumping up and down on the couches!
The Best form of birth control....
is to baby-sit for your friends' kids. Jesus. I watched our newly-separated friend Micah's little boy, Jack (age 3), today for about 6 hours. Holy crap. He's totally little boy in every sense of the word. I used to want a little boy first, but not after today. Girls are so much easier to deal with. I don't have to pretend to play with little Power Ranger action figures and shit like that. I'm better with Barbies and My Little Pony! The worst part is, I have no authority over him...so when he starts acting up, I can't spank him or anything. I did make him stay in his room for about 30 minutes today after he threw something at me when he was mad at me for making him get dressed. *sigh* Damn, I'm worn out. I don't want kids for a while, that's for sure!
Another audition, another show...
I went to auditions for Into the Woods last night, and as promised, here is my re-cap.
I went to the Theatre first of all, because that's where auditions usually are for DCT shows, AND that's what the website said. However, when I got there I saw a sign on the door that said the auditions were being held at the new rehearsal space across town. Great. I've never been there before, so I copied down the crappy little map that was on the sign and made my way. Fifteen minutes later I arrived and auditions haven't even started yet. Not a good sign. Should've known I'd be there ALL NIGHT LONG.
I filled out my audition form, got my little paper number (23) and safety pin and went to wait in the little holding tank they had for us. Unlike most auditions for this company in past years, people were only going in one at a time into a little room. I've done that before, so it didn't make me any more nervous, but it sure did make the wait a hell of a lot more boring. Luckily I ran into some old friends (Rob & Leigh Ann, Jim L., etc) that helped pass the time with new gossip and always entertaining conversation. The only creepy thing was that Scot (with one "t") was there and being eerily friendly toward me, weird speech impediment and all (uh, there). Kind of disconcerting.
I finally got my turn to audition at about 9:20pm....and was happy to discover that the music director was vocalizing us since I had warmed up 2 hours before hand. They warmed me up really high, which was nice. I sang my two songs (oh that's another story...I had to scramble to find a second song, because I didn't know till we got there that we had to have an upbeat and a ballad. I just went to one from Jekyll & Hyde because it was easy and I already had it memorized!) and I felt pretty damn confident about my singing ability. The only thing I didn't like was that all the stuff they had me do was in soprano range, but I'd also like to be considered for some of the mezzo/belter roles (Little Red, the Baker's Wife, etc). I just hope the music director(s) and other people involved in casting or callbacks remember me from such character roles as Marty in Grease and Ellie in Show Boat.
So now...we wait. There is another round of auditions tonight, and callbacks are expected to be held on Tuesday night. I think I sang really well, but as always, it depends on what they're looking for. I REALLY want to do this show...
Three down...
I am amazed by this wonderful man in my life more and more every single day that I wake up next to him. He has heard now from another school, the New England Conservatory of Music (www.newenglandconservatory.edu) and has been offered an audition date!! That's three out of four...now we're just waiting on one more, which happens to be his first choice of schools. I am SO proud of him!!! :-D
Speaking of school, I go back tomorrow. Ugh. I'm SO glad this is my last long semester. Once May rolls around I'll have one teeensy little class more to take and then I'll be BORN FREE....FREE AS THE WIND BLOWS...... I can't wait.
That's it for now...I thought I had more to write about, but I guess I don't remember it all right now. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home