"Knock, knock" = I'm scared
I think I watch too much CourtTV...or maybe just too many (late night) episodes of Forensic Files on said channel. I have seriously turned into the biggest scaredy-cat (and I haven't used that word since about 1992) lately, especially when I'm alone.
My honey is at rehearsal right now, so I was trying to kill some time by re-reading Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (GREAT book, btw) in my living room. Glass of wine on the table, toffee-scented candle burning...I'm on my way to becoming very relaxed. The blinds are open, so if someone really wanted to they could see into our apartment, but I don't really care because I'm fully dressed and just reading. Not like I'm naked and reading one of Babs' writing exercises (wink, wink!). Then someone knocks on the door. No one ever knocks on our door, and it's not like we live in a little Southlake subdivision where it's probably a little band student selling next Christmas' wrapping paper. I don't even know why I answered it. It was some late-teenaged african-american boy saying something about how if I spend $11.95 a month on the Dallas Morning News then I can help him get $500 toward his college tuition. I tell him, "No thanks, we don't have the money to spend on that right now, but God bless you," and close the door. Then I bolt it. Back to the couch for a second...then I get back up and lock the other bolt. Not sure why I felt a sudden surge of panic, but it worsened when I saw him walk back and forth by my main window a couple more times. Hmmmm...
That persuaded me to close the blinds and leave the living room (after checking both locks a second and third time). I'm sure it was innocent, but all I could think about was every episode of Forensic Files or The System when, as a ruse, someone pretends to be soliciting when, in actuality, they're getting a great view of what the inside of your apartment looks like. Yikes. Wish Michael would get home already.....
My honey is at rehearsal right now, so I was trying to kill some time by re-reading Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (GREAT book, btw) in my living room. Glass of wine on the table, toffee-scented candle burning...I'm on my way to becoming very relaxed. The blinds are open, so if someone really wanted to they could see into our apartment, but I don't really care because I'm fully dressed and just reading. Not like I'm naked and reading one of Babs' writing exercises (wink, wink!). Then someone knocks on the door. No one ever knocks on our door, and it's not like we live in a little Southlake subdivision where it's probably a little band student selling next Christmas' wrapping paper. I don't even know why I answered it. It was some late-teenaged african-american boy saying something about how if I spend $11.95 a month on the Dallas Morning News then I can help him get $500 toward his college tuition. I tell him, "No thanks, we don't have the money to spend on that right now, but God bless you," and close the door. Then I bolt it. Back to the couch for a second...then I get back up and lock the other bolt. Not sure why I felt a sudden surge of panic, but it worsened when I saw him walk back and forth by my main window a couple more times. Hmmmm...
That persuaded me to close the blinds and leave the living room (after checking both locks a second and third time). I'm sure it was innocent, but all I could think about was every episode of Forensic Files or The System when, as a ruse, someone pretends to be soliciting when, in actuality, they're getting a great view of what the inside of your apartment looks like. Yikes. Wish Michael would get home already.....

1 Comments:
Last night, I was getting creeped out for some reason too! I bolted out of bed at one point because I realized that my two front window blinds were open. I had this horrible mental picture of some criminal scoping out my house, because my treadmill is right in the front window and you can clearly our 2 computers in my office right there from the street. EEEK!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home