Monday, January 31, 2005

Jonny, don't go to the Nuclear Plant!

Is it really Monday already? Wow. I already feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Or maybe it was the truck that has the stupid owner at my apartment complex. The same stupid owner who turned his truck on right outisde our window this morning at 5:30 and just let it sit and idle for half an hour. Loudly. I think he took the muffler off, just to piss us off. Dude, I know you want your truck warm when you get in it, but have some consideration, please!

Anyway, I have been a bad blogger the past couple of weeks. This new job is awesome, but I don't always have a lot of time to blog during the day, and I forget to at night. So, here's what's been going on.

Michael leaves this coming Thursday for Rochester, NY for his first round of auditions. This particular weekend is at the Eastman School of Music. Quite renowned music conservatory. He's pretty nervous, but I know he'll do great. I just wish I could go with him...I'm really going to miss him. This weekend wasn't enough time to spend with him.

I'm trying to help him get ready to go. This Saturday we went to Dillard's and found him a nice, formal-type overcoat to wear over his suit when he goes up North. We found SUCH a deal on a Ralph Lauren Polo jacket that was originally $350.00. We got it for $122.50!! It's very nice, too. Looks really sexy on him actually. And since we had money left over (his mom gave us $200 to buy the coat) we got him a pair of leather gloves and a hat that will keep his li'l ears warm. And STILL had money left over! Boy, we are serious bargain finders. :)

Friday night we went up to the high school where he teaches to see their annual musical, Zombie Prom. Oh_my_god. What the HELL is this musical?? The only word I can think of to describe this off-off-off-off-off-Broadway little gem is campy. The music was crap (it all sounded the same, like most 50's doo-wop style musicals, a la Grease) and the dialogue, though minimal, was asinine. THe story is that this rebel from the wrong side of the tracks, Jonny (with no "h" because he's such a rebel) falls in love with A-student and preppy blonde, Toffee. Because they are forced to break up, Jonny goes and jumps into the Nuclear Silo, killing himself. However, he comes back as a zombie because of the teens' great love for each other, and proceeds to cause a whole ruckus right before prom. Wow. Parts of it are funny, but this isn't even close to good musical comedy. And I thought Grease was the worst musical I've ever seen.

All that being said, four of the lead roles were played by Michael's students. They did a great job with what they were given in that musical, so it was fun even though the material was total shit. Toffee's big number, Jonny, don't go! is actually kind of a funny song to use for auditions. You can bet that no one else would sing it!

Speaking of auditions, I was right in thinking that I didn't get cast in Into the Woods. *sigh* Oh well...I guess it's just on to my next project. I am not sure yet what I'll audition for next...but I really wanna do something. I'm missing Michael SO much in the evenings, and the time we do spend together is tense usually because I just got home from work/school and we're trying to throw dinner together and eat AND clean up before he has to leave for rehearsal. I'm ready for this damn show to open and give him some time off again. I don't care if that does sound selfish. I miss my boyfriend. I'm not good at this, and I told him that. He was MUCH saner while I was doing Jekyll & Hyde. Only a couple more weeks....

AND the SUPER BOWL is this coming weekend! I actually LOVE it that no one is giving the Eagles a chance in hell. Bring it on. Tom Brady can't win every year.....

GO EAGLES!!!

Oh one last note..I can't figure out how to put links to my friends' blogs on here, but you gotta check out my friend Amber's blog: http://amberlin.blogspot.com Old friend from high school...cracks me UP!!! :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home