Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Holding Feet

It is possible to hold feet with someone. It's actually become such a common ritual for us every night that I found it terribly hard to go to sleep alone on Christmas Eve without it. My honey and I are pretty snuggly people in bed...right up until it's time to actually go to sleep. Then we each turn our separate ways and get comfortable for the sleeping....except for our inside feet. They always manage to find each other...he puts his foot on top of mine and my smaller leg kinda wriggles underneath it. We are now holding feet. It's this extra little bit of, "I'm gonna be here" comfort that I've made a requirement for falling asleep.

Once I finally fell asleep last night (I'm trying to get back onto some semblance of a normal sleep schedule in the next couple of weeks) it was peaceful dreaming...until about 8:30 am this morning. Apparently while honey and I were off school and work, so were the landscapers. Well, since it's almost time for us to go back, it must be their time as well. Cue the leafblowers and weedwhackers. Seriously guys, it's been raining for the past 2 days...come back next Tuesday, k? Jesus that's a harsh wake-up call. Then once they finally shut the hell up, the dog starts barking. I don't know where this dog even is, but once something gets it riled up, it will bark until it is hoarse. I love dogs, don't get me wrong...but I want to shoot this one. It's a mean little bastard, apparently.

This morning, post-leafblower, I got up and made coffee to send my man along with on his first day back to teaching. I got these little individual servings of gourmet coffee from my parents for Christmas, so I decided to try one of these out. "French Roast" got the most response from my barely-awake-yet-somehow-still-singing-opera-in-the-shower boyfriend, so I tried that one out. I still haven't really gotten the art of coffee down, but I usually manage to make a decent pot of Folger's, or even Starbucks Breakfast Blend. I don't think I did too well this morning....it sounded like the percolating wasn't going as well as it should have, and that was one damn dark pot of coffee. I hope it didn't taste like mud. I told him he could pour it out once he got outside and I wouldn't be offended. :)

So after a couple of goodbye, "Have a good day" kisses and setting out the dinner for tonight to defrost in the refrigerator...I'm alone all day today...and every day for the next two weeks until I go back. I should be on the job hunt, fixing up the resume, etc. But all I want to do is curl back up with a blanket with a book...but only as a pretense because I really just want to close my eyes...my tummy is kinda upset. :( I don't think I'm ready to go running any marathons just yet. I probably just didn't get enough sleep last night...damn that Game Show Network.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home