Friday, January 21, 2005

And by the way, you're ugly.

Jeez, what a week this has been. It seemed to freakin FLY by, but somehow a lot of crap fit its way into the mix as well. I don't know how it caught up with me.

I still love this job. I always have something to do, and it's not unpleasant, menial busywork like it usually was at the box office. I actually enjoy what I do. AND I had a healthy lunch today, consisting of tuna salad and a Yoplait yougurt. I don't know if I spelled that right, but oh well.

On the theatrical front (as in, on the stage) I did NOT get cast in Into the Woods. I guess I'm okay with that...I mean, I'll get over it. I'm just pissed because I was there, and I know I could do it. Call me conceited, arrogant, whatever the hell you wanna call me, but I deserved to be in that show. But, if they want a right-at-par cast with sub-standard, yet "unoffensive" voices, let them do it. It's no skin off my hide. I'm just pissed at the injustice of the way the whole thing was run. It really sucks to know you're the best person for the job and yet still get passed over.

There will be other shows...I just really wanted to do this one. Oh well.

Can I also mention how unfair it is to be a woman sometimes? This period bullshit is just that...bullshit. I'm thinking about getting that BC patch that only makes you have three a year. However...that really worries me because, as much of a bitch Aunt Flow can be, it's always a relief to see her. I'm not quite ready for little Mini-Me's yet.

But seriously. I'm so emotionally unbalanced right now. Michael and I got into the stupidest fight last night and it kept me up until 4 in the morning, even after we had apologized and kissed & made up. It just upset me and kept my heart racing. I hate hate fighting with the people I love. :( Then I overslept. Great. Luckily I have a cool boss. So I just came in a little later and now I'm working late to make up for it. Whew.

I am looking forward to tonight, because Michael and I have a date. We're going to eat at Carraba's and then we may go see Ocean's Twelve. Last Friday we went to see White Noise, and I must say I was quite upset by it. Most "scary" movies only give me the jitters and make me slightly nervous to go to sleep. However, this movie dealt with things that "could" happen, and there was a very disturbing scene at the end with these horrible demon-like creatures that beat the hell out of Michael Keaton's character. It really upset me, just like the demon-things in Ghost did the first time I saw them. Demons and the like really bother me, because unlike stupid things in movies such as The Ring, or similar movies, I know demons are real. That's also why I'm not real keen on seeing The Exorcist. No thank you. I prefer to live in the blissful ignorance I usually find myself in on spiritual matters. I know they exist...I read my Bible and I believe it. That's why they scare the pee out of me. I actually cried when all that happened in White Noise. Normally, Michael (or anyone else for that matter) would have laughed at me for crying over a scary movie, but being the wonderful, understanding guy that he is, he held my hand and hugged me. He knew how it really upset me. Call me silly if you want, but I've added that to my "never see again" list.

I went to Yoga again last night and again, it was wonderful. I really like this class. I think I'm going to try to find more classes per week to take, so that it isn't a whole week between classes. I'm also glad it's on Thursdays, because it helps me on my way to getting rid of all the stressful crap the week has caused, and get ready to enjoy my weekend.

FLY, EAGLES FLY...ON THE ROAD TO VICTORY...
Of course, this Sunday will be anything BUT stress-free, with the Eagles approaching their fourth consecutive NFC championship game (and 3rd consecutive with home-field advantage). Hopefully they will freakin WIN THIS ONE. They haven't been to the Super Bowl since 1981. It's time to shit or get off the pot, guys. I love you, but seriously. You're MORE than good enough, so go out there and make Michael Vick look like Rain Man. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!

Interesting....
I find this highly interesting:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicial/2005-01-20-roe-v-wade_x.htm?csp=34

Is it possible to be pro-life and pro-choice at the same time? Seriously. Because I am morally and emotionally against abortion 100%. I think it's murder, and I think it's wrong. However, I agree with it logistically. I would rather it be something legal that each individual woman made her own choice about so that women don't, in fits of desparation, turn to means that would potentially harm them more than legal abortion would, such as coat hangers and other horrible methods of getting rid of an unwanted child. *shudder*


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is canticles from LJ. Where are your seats for the concert? I love seeing stuff at the Bass and I've been a huge RF fan for years.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Sassy said...

Orchestra right, row I, seats 3 and 4. damn good seats for $55 a pop. I've been eyeing them since November, and just praying that they wouldn't sell out!

I got my financial aid money in JUST in time...not to mention right after we got the ReneƩ Fleming DVD and I almost cried when she sang "summertime." *sigh* :-D

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home