Wazzzzzuupp baaaby?
Phoebe: Before I start, I just wanna say that umm, I have a cold, so if I sneeze in the middle of song, it's not on purpose. Oh, except the last verse of Pepper People. (Starts to sing) Smelly cat, smelly cat. What are they feeding you? (Stops singing) This chick sounds good. (Singing) Smellycat, smelly--(stops singing) Hey Gunther, be a good little boy and bring me a whiskey.
Monica: That cold makes you sound so great.
Phoebe: It's fun, God I love how sexy I am. (Coughs really loudly.)
I am a sick girlie. I actually feel a lot better today than I have in the past couple of days, especially yesterday. I took the whole day off from school/work yesterday to just lie around the apartment and rest. I actually got a lot of school stuff done, too, as well as helping Michael put his application packets together until 3am. I won't be surprised if he gets sick next...not because we're making out and spreading germs, but just because neither of us are getting healthy amounts of sleep or healthy forms of food in our systems. I slept fine once we actually WENT to bed last night, but I know he was up much later worrying. I put in a prayer for him/us as I drifted off...."Please lord, let Michael get into one of these schools..." I KNOW he is good enough, I just hope that the jury is fair and just to each applicant and that he doesnt' get lost in the thousands that apply.
I'm a little worried about my voice. I have an obligation still to this church gig...we have practice tonight, so I should be fine. I can just pretend like my lack of singing is due to sightreading, and just hope that my voice is in working order again by Sunday morning. *crosses fingers*
Friends don't let Friends Dial Drunk
I was reading all the news on www.msn.com today and I came across something that Virgin Mobile is introducing to their services. Out of 409 people surveyed by Virgin Mobile, about 95% of the people admitted to making drunken phone calls to friends, ex-lovers, even bosses (holy shit! lol). Therefore, for only 25 cents extra on your phone service bill, there are certain numbers that, when you punch in 333 before the number, will be blacklisted between about 10pm and 6am. That way, when your drunk ass tries to call someone, the phone won't let you. This way, you can keep your job, your friends, and your ex at arms-length where they belong. Pretty clever, if you ask me.
The Well-Worn Path
As I was hurrying to my World Drama class today in the biting winds, wrapping my floral fleece scarf from Old Navy around my throat to protect my precious vocal cords, I took a shortcut across the grass to make the journey a little shorter. I know there are some schools, such as Texas A&M (I think that's one of them) that has a shitfit if you walk across their perfectly manicured landscaping. I'm really glad UNT isn't like that. I love seeing the well-worn path in the grass between the buildings...I think it gives the school grounds character. I can't help but think of the thousands of students per day that trample that same path through the grass, each student taking the same slight turns and pathway as the one in front of them. Then I think about the students of decades past...the leg-warmers and sparkly scarves of the 80's, polyester suits of the 70's, free-flowing hair and bell-bottoms of the sixties...all trampling those same paths to their classes. The fashions may have changed, but the students really haven't. Each student is worrying how they're going to pass their finals, which classes to take the next semester...each is preoccupied with thoughts of boy/girlfriends, politics, and homework. It was a nice little sense of nostalgia to begin my crisp December morning.
I'll take "Winners who have worn out their welcome for $1000," Alex
So, Ken Jennings finally lost, as is broadcast all over the internet news pages. I thought he lost back in September? I guess the episode finally aired recently. I haven't had time to watch much television lately, but I am a very big fan of Jeopardy (even though Alex Trebek is one of the biggest tools in Game Show history...right up there with Chuch Woolery and Richard Dawson). This guy had like a 74-game winning streak, and something in the ballpark of $2 million in cash winnings! Unbelievable. I'm glad he's off the show now, though. It was cool at first, but it's time to get a new gimmick, I think. I actually know what question he lost. It was during final Jeopardy, something like "Members of this white-collar business only work about 4 months out of the year," (not verbatim, but something like that). The question/answer was actually, "What is H&R Block?" and ol' Kenny answered, "What is Federal Express?" I think the pressure finally got to him.
Not really a traitor, but...
So, Pedro Martinez signed with the NY Mets. I can handle that, I suppose. It's not the Yankees, but it's still New York. I am disappointed to see such a gifted player from Boston go play for a New York team. *sigh* It really is all about the money in sports, nowadays. I guess I can't blame them, but seriously....once you get over $10 million in paychecks, it seems like it would just get silly to ask for more. Oh well...maybe Pedro will be asking Boston next season, "Who's your daddy?"
Cool Duet
I'm listening to my Yahoo! LaunchCast radio on the holiday station right now, and I'm currently hearing the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet of The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth. I think that is so cool...record I would've never thought to put those two together on a duet, but it's so awesome. If you ever get the chance to see the live, televised version, take the opportunity. It's almost surreal. Very cool! It's a shame that LaunchCast randomly selects this crap to play after it though: "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas." ICK.
Monica: That cold makes you sound so great.
Phoebe: It's fun, God I love how sexy I am. (Coughs really loudly.)
I am a sick girlie. I actually feel a lot better today than I have in the past couple of days, especially yesterday. I took the whole day off from school/work yesterday to just lie around the apartment and rest. I actually got a lot of school stuff done, too, as well as helping Michael put his application packets together until 3am. I won't be surprised if he gets sick next...not because we're making out and spreading germs, but just because neither of us are getting healthy amounts of sleep or healthy forms of food in our systems. I slept fine once we actually WENT to bed last night, but I know he was up much later worrying. I put in a prayer for him/us as I drifted off...."Please lord, let Michael get into one of these schools..." I KNOW he is good enough, I just hope that the jury is fair and just to each applicant and that he doesnt' get lost in the thousands that apply.
I'm a little worried about my voice. I have an obligation still to this church gig...we have practice tonight, so I should be fine. I can just pretend like my lack of singing is due to sightreading, and just hope that my voice is in working order again by Sunday morning. *crosses fingers*
Friends don't let Friends Dial Drunk
I was reading all the news on www.msn.com today and I came across something that Virgin Mobile is introducing to their services. Out of 409 people surveyed by Virgin Mobile, about 95% of the people admitted to making drunken phone calls to friends, ex-lovers, even bosses (holy shit! lol). Therefore, for only 25 cents extra on your phone service bill, there are certain numbers that, when you punch in 333 before the number, will be blacklisted between about 10pm and 6am. That way, when your drunk ass tries to call someone, the phone won't let you. This way, you can keep your job, your friends, and your ex at arms-length where they belong. Pretty clever, if you ask me.
The Well-Worn Path
As I was hurrying to my World Drama class today in the biting winds, wrapping my floral fleece scarf from Old Navy around my throat to protect my precious vocal cords, I took a shortcut across the grass to make the journey a little shorter. I know there are some schools, such as Texas A&M (I think that's one of them) that has a shitfit if you walk across their perfectly manicured landscaping. I'm really glad UNT isn't like that. I love seeing the well-worn path in the grass between the buildings...I think it gives the school grounds character. I can't help but think of the thousands of students per day that trample that same path through the grass, each student taking the same slight turns and pathway as the one in front of them. Then I think about the students of decades past...the leg-warmers and sparkly scarves of the 80's, polyester suits of the 70's, free-flowing hair and bell-bottoms of the sixties...all trampling those same paths to their classes. The fashions may have changed, but the students really haven't. Each student is worrying how they're going to pass their finals, which classes to take the next semester...each is preoccupied with thoughts of boy/girlfriends, politics, and homework. It was a nice little sense of nostalgia to begin my crisp December morning.
I'll take "Winners who have worn out their welcome for $1000," Alex
So, Ken Jennings finally lost, as is broadcast all over the internet news pages. I thought he lost back in September? I guess the episode finally aired recently. I haven't had time to watch much television lately, but I am a very big fan of Jeopardy (even though Alex Trebek is one of the biggest tools in Game Show history...right up there with Chuch Woolery and Richard Dawson). This guy had like a 74-game winning streak, and something in the ballpark of $2 million in cash winnings! Unbelievable. I'm glad he's off the show now, though. It was cool at first, but it's time to get a new gimmick, I think. I actually know what question he lost. It was during final Jeopardy, something like "Members of this white-collar business only work about 4 months out of the year," (not verbatim, but something like that). The question/answer was actually, "What is H&R Block?" and ol' Kenny answered, "What is Federal Express?" I think the pressure finally got to him.
Not really a traitor, but...
So, Pedro Martinez signed with the NY Mets. I can handle that, I suppose. It's not the Yankees, but it's still New York. I am disappointed to see such a gifted player from Boston go play for a New York team. *sigh* It really is all about the money in sports, nowadays. I guess I can't blame them, but seriously....once you get over $10 million in paychecks, it seems like it would just get silly to ask for more. Oh well...maybe Pedro will be asking Boston next season, "Who's your daddy?"
Cool Duet
I'm listening to my Yahoo! LaunchCast radio on the holiday station right now, and I'm currently hearing the David Bowie/Bing Crosby duet of The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth. I think that is so cool...record I would've never thought to put those two together on a duet, but it's so awesome. If you ever get the chance to see the live, televised version, take the opportunity. It's almost surreal. Very cool! It's a shame that LaunchCast randomly selects this crap to play after it though: "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas." ICK.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home