'Tis the season for giving...but receivin's aight"
The performing arts center where I (used to) work. This must have been one of those freak "snowstorms" in February or something. Texas never looks like this.
Last night Michael and I were watching NFL Prime Time, and lemme just say that I love football commercials. There was one with Terrell Owens (wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles) reading a jacked-up version of The Night Before Christmas before a roaring fire. LOL The last lines of the poem were: "With me up in Philly, the Eagles take flight. Tis the season for giving...but receivin's aight." LOL I laughed my ass off. Probably was only funny to me and Michael, but I thought it was pretty clever.
I had a pretty good weekend. I finally feel better. I can FINALLY breathe through my nose again. Thank GOD. Just goes to show that a lot of rest, NyQuil, and orange juice can truly aid the recovery process. :)
Life is a Cabaret
I've been asked to sing a gig on this upcoming Saturday night in McKinney. I need to prepare about an hour and a half to two hours of music by then...mostly standards, jazzy and broadway stuff. No Christmas stuff, actually, because the people hosting the party are Jewish. So...that would have been easy, but now I actually have to think. :) Here's what I am thinking about doing so far:
"Someone to Watch Over Me"
"Can't Help Lovin' That Man"
"Anything Goes"
"I got Rhythm"
"So in Love"
"Bring on the Men"
"Love is Here to Stay"
"If I Were a Bell"
"Cabaret" (possibly)...
That's really all I can find...Jake gave me a couple of books of standards to look through, but I really don't want to have to learn anything new completely by then. Too much pressure. Thing is, I know a MILLION songs, but when the time comes to pick a few, my mind goes blank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Vengeance, saith the Lord, is mine.
http://www.dentonrc.com/s/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC_1205theater.e69ed57.html
It's about time some people said something. Wish I'd known about that meeting...
This just makes me sick to my stomach
Apparently, Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel have been receiving some horrible, racist hate mail lately. This person is threatening all sorts of psychotic and cruel things to the couple, simply because the two have an interracial marriage. Who the hell cares?? They're in love, leave them alone! People are sick. And it's really depressing to think that people out there can be so closed-minded. Thankfully, there has been a huge increase in the amount of security at the Gershwin Theatre, where Menzel is still performing in Wicked, and Taye Diggs has also had increased security where he is filming in Canada. Sad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home