Sometimes "Wow" is the only thing to say....
You know, I think a blog should be a place where one can vent his/her feelings about whatever, but I don't think it's a place where people should use it to passive-aggresively snark on their friends. I hope I don't ever do that.
Also, it's a "personal" thing, even though it's online for all to see. Therefore, I think if a person decides he/she wants to comment on someone else's blog, it should be a very generic compliment, whether it's positive OR negative. Because, really, how dare they do anything otherwise? For instance, the comment I got correcting my definition (which was evidently incomplete) of the word "nog"......that was a very small part of a very large blog that involved several things near and dear to my heart. Yet this anonymous commentator chose to say that I came across as "dumb." Seriously, why? Why would someone do that?
I don't really know why I feel the need to defend myself. I guess it goes back to middle school days when I was at my most insecure point. Apparently to some (namely thelandsnark and an allusion by Maribou Sue) I came across as trying to be a "Martyr" in my posts about Forum auditions. I can't even tell you how much that hurts my feelings. There are several definitions of martyr. One is to "suffer death for the cause of Christ." Okay, sure, I might do that. I probably should. Another is to "suffer for the sake of principle." Okay...everyone should have principles. But these people are most likely calling me a martyr because of the definition that says "one who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy." Wow.
I shouldn't even justify those comments with a retort. So I won't. I'll just say that not ONE PERSON other than me and my honey were in the room the night of and after those auditions. Therefore not ONE PERSON has the right to comment on negatively or judge me for my actions or what I, in a heat of passion, posted in my blog.
Maribou Sue, I hope you weren't talking about my relationship in your blog. And I hope you don't really think that "keeping one's word" and "integrity" is worth losing a friend (which you don't have to lose one...you just pissed one off. it happens. ever watch Sex & The City? Friends?they argue all the time). Because it's not to me. Relationships are about sacrifice, whether you think so or not. Not the dramatic kind, where you tie yourself to railroad tracks or anything, but sometimes a little give and take is okay. At least I think so. Maybe I'm still that naieve. But I'm happy. When it comes time to turn off the t.v. and the lights and snuggle up close at night....I'm happy. And NO ONE has the right to judge that or make it less than what it is.
Wow.
Also, it's a "personal" thing, even though it's online for all to see. Therefore, I think if a person decides he/she wants to comment on someone else's blog, it should be a very generic compliment, whether it's positive OR negative. Because, really, how dare they do anything otherwise? For instance, the comment I got correcting my definition (which was evidently incomplete) of the word "nog"......that was a very small part of a very large blog that involved several things near and dear to my heart. Yet this anonymous commentator chose to say that I came across as "dumb." Seriously, why? Why would someone do that?
I don't really know why I feel the need to defend myself. I guess it goes back to middle school days when I was at my most insecure point. Apparently to some (namely thelandsnark and an allusion by Maribou Sue) I came across as trying to be a "Martyr" in my posts about Forum auditions. I can't even tell you how much that hurts my feelings. There are several definitions of martyr. One is to "suffer death for the cause of Christ." Okay, sure, I might do that. I probably should. Another is to "suffer for the sake of principle." Okay...everyone should have principles. But these people are most likely calling me a martyr because of the definition that says "one who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy." Wow.
I shouldn't even justify those comments with a retort. So I won't. I'll just say that not ONE PERSON other than me and my honey were in the room the night of and after those auditions. Therefore not ONE PERSON has the right to comment on negatively or judge me for my actions or what I, in a heat of passion, posted in my blog.
Maribou Sue, I hope you weren't talking about my relationship in your blog. And I hope you don't really think that "keeping one's word" and "integrity" is worth losing a friend (which you don't have to lose one...you just pissed one off. it happens. ever watch Sex & The City? Friends?they argue all the time). Because it's not to me. Relationships are about sacrifice, whether you think so or not. Not the dramatic kind, where you tie yourself to railroad tracks or anything, but sometimes a little give and take is okay. At least I think so. Maybe I'm still that naieve. But I'm happy. When it comes time to turn off the t.v. and the lights and snuggle up close at night....I'm happy. And NO ONE has the right to judge that or make it less than what it is.
Wow.

3 Comments:
the very thing you are angry with others for doing is the exact thing you do here, only in your case it was not passively
dear kettle, this is pot, you are black
Please stop commenting on my blog. As a matter of fact, stop reading it. I don't know who you are, but you are no longer welcome here. Thank you.
Amber, I love you. Let's go to lunch some time, k? Love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home