Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ow, my ass!

It's sore. Because it got a total pounding from my linguistics final this morning. Holy shit. It really sucks when you stay up late studying for something, then you get the test: First page, uhh.....maybe I'll know somehting on the second page.....well, shit, how about the third....oh I'm screwed. Worst feeling in the world. Oh well, just pray that I get a C so I don't have to take the class again. What a crappy way to start my day....need more coffee with amaretto-flavored cream, please.....Ahhhh that's better.

You SUUUUUUUCK!!!
Last night I tuned in to a little bit of the Billboard Music Awards....wow I feel old. I don't even know half the artists that are nominated anymore. I'm so out of the pop music loop....but I don't feel so bad about that when I see that Ashlee Simpson won Best New Female Artist of the year. Are you kidding??? She's HORRIBLE. There were people booing in the audience when she won...tee hee. One stupid Simpson sister is enough. There's a really funny MadTV skit that was done about her lip-synching fiasco that you can download here:

http://www.lipsync.us

The actress is so awesome at doing those weird faces that Ashlee makes. I laughed out loud...I love MadTV...totally underrated sketch comedy, if you ask me. Anyway, I totally understand pop singers using tracks during live performances, especially if they dance a lot. I mean, personally, I'd rather hear a track, because if they're gonna sound like shit after a little bit of dancing, I want my money back. Poor things. Try doing a musical. Remember Pippin? "Magic to Do" was a bitch to sing after Anne's awesome choreography came into play. But if you're gonna use a track, own up to it for Christ's sake. She actually said in an interview at one time, "I'm totally against it and offended by [lip synching]. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-sync. It's just not me." Uhhh...okay. And still, these idiots win awards, t.v. shows, and millions of dollars. Whatever dude.

Pleather is fun!
I'm so excited...last night I went over to my friend Micah's house because she wanted to give me a bunch of clothes she never wears anymore. Perfect timing, too, for several reasons. 1) I bagged up THREE garbage bags full of clothing I never wear anymore, 2) I've put on a few pounds, so I'm not totally comfortable in some of my favorite clothes right at the moment and 3) I sure as hell can't afford to go shopping!

This was such a blessing, because now not only do I have some super cute dresses and stuff, but she also included some fancy, sassy clothes that I can use for the holidays...especially the gig I'm singing on Saturday night. There was even a pair of fake leather pants! Woo hoo! I'm hot stuff now. :)

Movies I want to see:
There are so many cool movies out and/or coming out that I really want to see:

Closer
Ray
Spanglish
Ocean's 12
Finding Neverland
The Aviator (even though I loathe Leonardo DiCaprio)
Flight of the Phoenix
Beyond the Sea
Fat Albert. LOL...sorry, it looks really funny.

That's it for this morning...I'm going to get more coffee... More later...probably



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home