No Brits, please, we're Scottish
I just got finished reading John Garcia's "The Column" for today, and while perusing the list of upcoming auditions, I saw the funniest thing in an audition notice for Shakespeare's Macbeth:
"Since the play is set in Scotland, anybody trying to fake a British accent will be disregarded."
LOL, this area sure knows who they're dealing with. I love how people audition for a "classical" play and automatically assume they have to use British accents. They could audition for The Cherry Orchard, which is set in Russia, and still use British accents. I just thought that was highly amusing.
Could you pass me some tissue please?
Okay so I'm officially sick. I think it's a sinus infection but I don't have the time or the money to go see the doctor. I'm hoping that the old-fashioned system of sleep, vitamin C, and just taking it easy will suffice. Oh, how I wish I could go home and go back to bed right now. I was at school at 7:30 this morning to re-take a test I missed on Tuesday when I stayed home all day. I actually felt better then than I do today! Then it was just my voice and my throat hurting. Now it's all moved up into my head. There's an earlier blog (waaaaay earlier) on here about how this feels...the runny and stuffy nose (yes, at the same time), the watery eyes, the achy limbs and back...
The worst part today was actually the fact that my eyes really hurt. I tried to put on just a little bit of mascara so as not to scare the little children away, and it actually hurt my eyeballs. It hurts just to keep them open while driving, the sun is too bright. Ow....make the sun go away please....Could I have a tissue? Preferably Puffs with Aloe...because a nose in need needs Puffs indeed. :)
Dear Diary
Go to Babs' blog and check out the link she has to the cool Ebay item. It's an authentic Victorian-times Diary from a young girl that lived in Boston in the late 1800's. Very freaking cool. I'd love to get my paws on something like that some day, but I'm just not willing to pay $375 for it. That's right up Babs' alley though (http://lesstraveledby.blogspot.com). Just think...all this stuff we write in our blogs is being preserved...and actually made available for anyone and their mom to read. Michael doesn't understand why my friends and I blog daily...I tell him it's no different than his posting and keeping up with his Battlefield 1942 forums. :)
Ummm....Wang Wang!
For some reason yesterday at work we started talking about the different sounds animals make in foreign languages. I mean, obviously the animals sound the same, but the words used to describe these sounds is different in every language and quite hilarious. For example, in English, we say a dog goes "Arf arf!" while in Mandarin Chinese, the dog goes, "Wang wang!" haha...I think my favorite, however, is the rooster. We made up this whole "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" thing, but I think the Italians have it better when they say, "chicchirichÃ". Discover all the barnyard fun at:
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ballc/animals/
Oh you're leaving? Awww....too bad
So, one of the bosses that is never there comes into the box office yesterday...he's the technical director for the place, and can be a real Cockface (actually that's his nickname because it sounds like his last name...sort of), but he's always been relatively nice to me. He calls me "Princess" which can be either complimentary or degrading, depending on which day you catch him on. Anyway, he and Pothead and Theory are in the box office yesterday and Cockface asks me why I'm quitting. OF course I can't say, "Because you're all a bunch of sons-of-bitches who won't ever let me grow in this place that I know better than ALL OF YOU because I've been here longer!" LOL...sorry about that. Anyway, I give him some sugar-coated answer, something to the effect of "well, you know I'm about to graduate, and blah blah blah, kiss ass kiss ass..." and he says "Oh well we should all go out for drinks after the Jazz Singers concert on Friday." I'm not quite sure if this is to mourn or celebrate my leaving, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy my own damn drinks all night. It's a nice gesture though, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to go into it with an open mind.
Then he turns around and says that my flesh-colored fishnets (which I wear quite tastefully, thankyouverymuch) are slutty. *sigh* That's just the way he is, kids. :)
Okay well I'm going to go stick my head out the door for a minute, becuase it seems like the only way I can breathe normally is when I'm standing up and walking around, or right after a sneeze...so you can imagine how fun sleeping is.....Have a great Thursday!
"Since the play is set in Scotland, anybody trying to fake a British accent will be disregarded."
LOL, this area sure knows who they're dealing with. I love how people audition for a "classical" play and automatically assume they have to use British accents. They could audition for The Cherry Orchard, which is set in Russia, and still use British accents. I just thought that was highly amusing.
Could you pass me some tissue please?
Okay so I'm officially sick. I think it's a sinus infection but I don't have the time or the money to go see the doctor. I'm hoping that the old-fashioned system of sleep, vitamin C, and just taking it easy will suffice. Oh, how I wish I could go home and go back to bed right now. I was at school at 7:30 this morning to re-take a test I missed on Tuesday when I stayed home all day. I actually felt better then than I do today! Then it was just my voice and my throat hurting. Now it's all moved up into my head. There's an earlier blog (waaaaay earlier) on here about how this feels...the runny and stuffy nose (yes, at the same time), the watery eyes, the achy limbs and back...
The worst part today was actually the fact that my eyes really hurt. I tried to put on just a little bit of mascara so as not to scare the little children away, and it actually hurt my eyeballs. It hurts just to keep them open while driving, the sun is too bright. Ow....make the sun go away please....Could I have a tissue? Preferably Puffs with Aloe...because a nose in need needs Puffs indeed. :)
Dear Diary
Go to Babs' blog and check out the link she has to the cool Ebay item. It's an authentic Victorian-times Diary from a young girl that lived in Boston in the late 1800's. Very freaking cool. I'd love to get my paws on something like that some day, but I'm just not willing to pay $375 for it. That's right up Babs' alley though (http://lesstraveledby.blogspot.com). Just think...all this stuff we write in our blogs is being preserved...and actually made available for anyone and their mom to read. Michael doesn't understand why my friends and I blog daily...I tell him it's no different than his posting and keeping up with his Battlefield 1942 forums. :)
Ummm....Wang Wang!
For some reason yesterday at work we started talking about the different sounds animals make in foreign languages. I mean, obviously the animals sound the same, but the words used to describe these sounds is different in every language and quite hilarious. For example, in English, we say a dog goes "Arf arf!" while in Mandarin Chinese, the dog goes, "Wang wang!" haha...I think my favorite, however, is the rooster. We made up this whole "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" thing, but I think the Italians have it better when they say, "chicchirichÃ". Discover all the barnyard fun at:
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ballc/animals/
Oh you're leaving? Awww....too bad
So, one of the bosses that is never there comes into the box office yesterday...he's the technical director for the place, and can be a real Cockface (actually that's his nickname because it sounds like his last name...sort of), but he's always been relatively nice to me. He calls me "Princess" which can be either complimentary or degrading, depending on which day you catch him on. Anyway, he and Pothead and Theory are in the box office yesterday and Cockface asks me why I'm quitting. OF course I can't say, "Because you're all a bunch of sons-of-bitches who won't ever let me grow in this place that I know better than ALL OF YOU because I've been here longer!" LOL...sorry about that. Anyway, I give him some sugar-coated answer, something to the effect of "well, you know I'm about to graduate, and blah blah blah, kiss ass kiss ass..." and he says "Oh well we should all go out for drinks after the Jazz Singers concert on Friday." I'm not quite sure if this is to mourn or celebrate my leaving, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy my own damn drinks all night. It's a nice gesture though, so we'll see what happens. I'm going to go into it with an open mind.
Then he turns around and says that my flesh-colored fishnets (which I wear quite tastefully, thankyouverymuch) are slutty. *sigh* That's just the way he is, kids. :)
Okay well I'm going to go stick my head out the door for a minute, becuase it seems like the only way I can breathe normally is when I'm standing up and walking around, or right after a sneeze...so you can imagine how fun sleeping is.....Have a great Thursday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home