Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Hoagies and Grinders, Navy Beans Navy Beans....

Good snowy morning, all. I woke up at 1pm today, after getting almost no sleep during the night. I fell asleep around 3am and was rudely awakened several times by horns honking and car alarms beeping. Then I was awakened for good (and for much longer) around 8am by the DAMN LOUD freezing rain on the windows. It sounded like someone was throwing tic-tacs by the thousands right at our windows. Michael was able to sleep through it, but I got up and took my warm pajama-ed ass and a pillow and blanket to the couch in the living room. Ahhh...much quieter.

I woke up again several hours later to light kisses on my forehead and the blinds in the living room opened to show lots of swirling snow. *BIG SMILE* NOW it feels like Christmas. So, wrapped up in hubby's flannel shirt and eating a big bowl of maple & brown sugar oatmeal, I am content and warm.

I went to visit my Nana last night, and she seemed to be feeling much better. I'm always nervous to go over there alone because she and I have never been that close. However, it was obvious that she was very excited to see me and we had a really good time talking. She looks so tiny and frail, but she told me, "I ain't givin' up yet." Damn right she's not. She's one of our family, which means she has a will of solid iron and a hard-headed, stubborn mentality. :)

After I left there I went over to CatPants' house and had a wonderful visit with her and her very cute hubby. Lots of laughs, as usual ("Yeah, but did Princess Di hold YOU when you were a baby??"), and lots of really good conversation about important issues. CatPants, you are beautiful to me, and just remember that. :)

Got home and watched several hours of "I Love the 70s" on VH1, along with a bowl of Hot Fudge Brownie ice cream. God I love being on vacation!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home