Christmastime is here....
Merry Christmas to all!! I hope everyone's holiday was special! Mine was good...a little too much time with the family, but it was okay...better than expected.
Michael spent WAY too much money on me...I know he loves me but geez....and I love the gifts he got me. I got a pair of diamond earrings and a matching necklace, along with the first four seasons of Sex & The City, a gift certificate to a spa, and some new unmentionables from Victoria's Secret. ;) I was overwhelmed by it all, and we had a wonderful night together (the night before Christmas Eve...so we could actually spend some alone time together before we were forced to spend time with the families). I am a very very lucky girl. And very blessed.
I'm pretty pissed at Michael's brother. He didn't even go over to his mom's house on Christmas Day. What a little shithead. Seriously. He claimed he was "sick." But if he was so "sick," then how come he was on his computer till 3am when we got home last night? And how come I saw remnants of his drinking 3 cherry cokes (I know because he leaves the goddamned cans all over the kitchen counter) and eating 2 pieces of cheesecake? That doesn't sound sick to me. It sounds selfish, immature, and pretty damn cold hearted if you ask me. I had to be separated from Michael from about 6pm Christmas Eve till about 8pm Christmas Day, because our mothers haven't quite grasped the idea that we're together now and want to be able to spend the night together on Christmas Eve. Michael said his mom was really sad and kept apologizing to HIM that Jeremy wasn't there. I felt horrible for her...she may be crazy at times, but she's all alone, and that was downright SHITTY of Jeremy to do that to her. And to Michael...he should feel hurt, too, it's his brother after all.
Speaking of brothers, mine were awesome this year. Derek got me a gorgeous white scarf/gloves set and this frame that had a poem about sisters. That made me cry. My older brother and sister-in-law got me a gorgeous red cashmere scarf with a rhinestone treble clef brooch to attach it. Absolutely beautiful and very thoughtful.
I think Michael had a good time with my dad's side of the family on Thursday night. He really was included in the family festivities, and my family was very verbal about how glad they are that he is so good to me. It meant the world to Michael, as well as to me.
My mom wasn't as bad as she could have been...still several weight comments though. I swear to Christ my mom is obsessed with weight. She was anorexic in High School, and therefore has pushed all of her weight and size issues on to her only daughter, who just happens to be a bit rounder than she would like. The thing is, without her I actually have a very healthy self-image. Michael has meant so much to the improvement of that...he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what happens, and that has increased my self-esteem more than anything. My mom got me an apple-corer in my stocking. Most wouldn't think anything of that, but I know better. I know from previous conversations that it was a not-so-subtle hint that I should use it to take apple slices to eat for lunch more often. And everyone I brought up, family wise, initiated some comment to the effect of..."she's lost a lot of weight, huh?" or, "boy he's really put on weight." JESUS christ, woman. Is it ALL about pounds with you????
It was hard spending the night away from Michael, especially on Christmas. I missed him terribly, and it took me forever to fall asleep. We had a good night last night, though, after leaving my mother's. We put all of our gifts away, opened a bottle of chardonnay, and watched "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott. Excellent. Today we cleaned all day, and it's so nice to be in a spotless, dustless apartment finally. I watched about 3 hours of Sex & The City while he watched football, and now we're playing Spades on two different computers in the same apartment. LOL
Anyway, that's my Christmas update, so it's back to the job search tomorrow! Nighty night!
Michael spent WAY too much money on me...I know he loves me but geez....and I love the gifts he got me. I got a pair of diamond earrings and a matching necklace, along with the first four seasons of Sex & The City, a gift certificate to a spa, and some new unmentionables from Victoria's Secret. ;) I was overwhelmed by it all, and we had a wonderful night together (the night before Christmas Eve...so we could actually spend some alone time together before we were forced to spend time with the families). I am a very very lucky girl. And very blessed.
I'm pretty pissed at Michael's brother. He didn't even go over to his mom's house on Christmas Day. What a little shithead. Seriously. He claimed he was "sick." But if he was so "sick," then how come he was on his computer till 3am when we got home last night? And how come I saw remnants of his drinking 3 cherry cokes (I know because he leaves the goddamned cans all over the kitchen counter) and eating 2 pieces of cheesecake? That doesn't sound sick to me. It sounds selfish, immature, and pretty damn cold hearted if you ask me. I had to be separated from Michael from about 6pm Christmas Eve till about 8pm Christmas Day, because our mothers haven't quite grasped the idea that we're together now and want to be able to spend the night together on Christmas Eve. Michael said his mom was really sad and kept apologizing to HIM that Jeremy wasn't there. I felt horrible for her...she may be crazy at times, but she's all alone, and that was downright SHITTY of Jeremy to do that to her. And to Michael...he should feel hurt, too, it's his brother after all.
Speaking of brothers, mine were awesome this year. Derek got me a gorgeous white scarf/gloves set and this frame that had a poem about sisters. That made me cry. My older brother and sister-in-law got me a gorgeous red cashmere scarf with a rhinestone treble clef brooch to attach it. Absolutely beautiful and very thoughtful.
I think Michael had a good time with my dad's side of the family on Thursday night. He really was included in the family festivities, and my family was very verbal about how glad they are that he is so good to me. It meant the world to Michael, as well as to me.
My mom wasn't as bad as she could have been...still several weight comments though. I swear to Christ my mom is obsessed with weight. She was anorexic in High School, and therefore has pushed all of her weight and size issues on to her only daughter, who just happens to be a bit rounder than she would like. The thing is, without her I actually have a very healthy self-image. Michael has meant so much to the improvement of that...he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what happens, and that has increased my self-esteem more than anything. My mom got me an apple-corer in my stocking. Most wouldn't think anything of that, but I know better. I know from previous conversations that it was a not-so-subtle hint that I should use it to take apple slices to eat for lunch more often. And everyone I brought up, family wise, initiated some comment to the effect of..."she's lost a lot of weight, huh?" or, "boy he's really put on weight." JESUS christ, woman. Is it ALL about pounds with you????
It was hard spending the night away from Michael, especially on Christmas. I missed him terribly, and it took me forever to fall asleep. We had a good night last night, though, after leaving my mother's. We put all of our gifts away, opened a bottle of chardonnay, and watched "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott. Excellent. Today we cleaned all day, and it's so nice to be in a spotless, dustless apartment finally. I watched about 3 hours of Sex & The City while he watched football, and now we're playing Spades on two different computers in the same apartment. LOL
Anyway, that's my Christmas update, so it's back to the job search tomorrow! Nighty night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home