Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Can't sleep, clown'll eat me...can't sleep...

The weirdest thing happened to me last night. Well, first of all, let's go back one more night. The night before last, I got almost zero sleep. Not sure why, I just could not relax and go to sleep. Michael was snoring no matter which way he turned, which didn't help matters, and I could hear Jeremy in his room yelling at the "fucking tanks" in his video games. Therefore, I was up till, literally, 7am. I woke up at 11:30 when Babs called me, and decided to just get up then so we could go shopping.

Babs and I had a great time at lunch, full of great conversation and, as always, lots of laughs. I put my Kohl's and Old Navy gift cards to good use as well and came out of the trip with a few cute articles of clothing.

I stayed up later than I should have, considering I was so sleepy during the day, but when it was time to go to sleep, I got an anxiety attack. It was almost like I was afraid to go to sleep for some reason, or maybe I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to sleep like the night before. My stomach was in knots and my heart was racing. After an hour of this crap and every relaxation technique I know of (and I don't really know many) I decided to just bite the bullet and get up to take some NyQuil. Not very healthy, I know, but a peaceful, blissful, 12-hour sleep ensued. I was knocked completely out.

I'm a little worried that I felt so anxious about going to sleep. That's never really happened before. I'm not sure if I just was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully, or if it's because I've had a few disturbing dreams the past couple of nights. Weird. I hope it doesn't happen again tonight....

Florida Dreams and SuperBowl Wishes...
My brother called today to gloat that the St. Louis Rams beat the Eagles last night. Yeah, congratulations...that crappy team beat my team's second and third string players. All of the good ones like Donovan, Jevon Kearse, Brian Westbrooke, etc, were out of the game to avoid injury before the playoffs. A bunch of no-namers who haven't played all season were out on the field for the Eagles. So congrats to the Rams...don't get too cocky. Not like you beat the actual Eagles.

Anywho....off to play some Nintendo GameCube with the honey and then (hopefully) a good night's sleep before heading back out to Shreveport once more for 2004. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home