Friday, December 10, 2004

Cancel my Subscription, b/c I don't need your issues!

hahaha. I saw a keychain in Shreveport that said that. :)

I discovered a couple of things today. Allow me to share, please.

Cold Hurts
No it really does! When you are barely awake and stumble out the door in order to make it to your last final (woot!) and that 48 degree wind hits you in the face...OUCH. It's actually painful to my bleary swollen eyes the most.

Then I start driving to school and find that the sensitive spot between my thumb and forefinger (the curve of the "L" if you're making the "loser sign) really hurts. That's because my hands get SO dry in the winter because of the cold outside mixed in with the heaters inside.

However, I did finish my Spanish exam in 20 minutes, and now I only have a couple of short papers to write...both of which can be turned in via email. Sweet.

Thou Shalt Not Take Afternoon Naps
I always have the weirdest dreams when I do. But I was SOOOO sleepy when I got home from class and it was only 9am. I'm free till about 6pm, so I figured what the hell. Problem was, I took an antihistamine because I was feeling a little snotty. One hour of Little House on the Prairie on t.v. then I CRASHED. didn't wake up again until 2:45. Oops....I'm glad it's Friday and I can stay up late to make up for it!

So anyway, I don't usually try to interpret my dreams, but this one bears repeating. In the dream, I become pregnant. Every girl's favorite dream to have of course. The thing is, in the dream Michael and I are okay with it...a little blindsided, but generally okay. We know (somehow) that it's going to be a girl, and that's what Michael has always wanted first. We even tell his MOM and she's fine with it (after a couple of GO BY GOD!! exclamations).

Then, we go to my dad's church where my entire family is having some sort of gathering, along with my dad's church family. When we get out of the car in the parking lot, we see this huge blue and white swirly planet in the sky. Kinda like how you can see the moon up in the sky, but way way bigger. And we know it's not the moon because we can see the moon...and the planet's moons too. So we start taking pictures (naturally). All of a sudden it gets dark and big pieces of the planet (or something else) start hitting the pavement. A meteor shower. Great! So we run in the church and head down to the basement, where my entire family and the whole church is.

Here's the psychological part of the dream: I am now trapped in the basement of a church with my family and I have to tell them, because of the natural disaster happening outside, that I'm pregnant. Dr. Freud, what do you think this means? Geez. Family issues, much? Church issues, maybe?

My Weekend Plans
I'm actually really looking forward to this weekend now that I'm done with my practical finals. Tonight we are going to Michael's students' Holiday Concert (apparently you can't call it a Christmas Concert anymore, even though that's most of the music they sing), and then probably over to Lord Savage's house for his party. I love calling him Lord Savage. He he he. "We're going over to Lord Savage's gathering in order to partake in roast boar and flaming pudding!"

Saturday I have to work then I have that gig, so it will be a busy day. Sunday I think we're going to see Amahl and the Night Visitors at a church in Denton, so I'll get to see CatPants that day. Yay! That night there is an Eagle's game on t.v., so you know what we'll be doing. That's really it! On Monday we're leaving to spend one more trip in Shreveport before Christmas comes. Woo hoo! And Michael promised he'd take me to Santa Land in Tyler on the way home. It's one of those drive-through forests with about a gazillion christmas lights. Childish, but way fun! Definitely adds to the Christmas spirit. Babs, you have to come with us. :)

See you at Savage's! Save some of the flaming pudding for me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home