The Good, The Bad, The Unfair
Good Morning to my loyal fans (all 4 of you). What a weekend this has been. But first, a couple of funny quotes from The Family Guy:
Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankels behind your ears that would ring a few bells.
*****************
Brian: Gosh, I'd like to help you, Peter, but I've got to go out in the hall and chew on the back of my ass for about five minutes.
(I'm going to use that one some time...)
Also, in other news....much props go to Babs. I'm happy for her, and she knows why. ;)
Anyway, here we go.
Forum wrap-up
So, for anyone who has been following along in my blog about the Forum auditions, the results are in. Michael will be playing Hysterium!! I am THRILLED for him! He's really excited, and nervous about playing the part. I would be, too! It's a very high energy show, and I think he'll do a great job. He's so good at playing these character roles, and I think he needs to do more of them so he'll be more confident about them. :) Very excited for him, indeed.
I however, was not cast. I am extremely disappointed...more so than I thought I would be. I knew by Saturday morning that I was not going to be cast (or even considered) as Philia, so I was hoping I'd be cast as one of the courtesan dancers. I thought that would be so fun, and I really was looking forward to dancing again, and losing some weight. I've seriously gained some weight, and it's pretty fucking depressing. I just cried and cried because I SO wanted to do this show with Michael. We talked it over though, and we made a deal with each other that we would no longer feel like one of us is "better" than the other. We agreed that we are both talented performers, and sometimes things just don't go our way. We also agreed to try our hardest to not let our own disappointments about not being cast in a show allow us to not be happy for the other person who did in fact get cast. It's one show. There will be others. I know he had to go through weeks of not seeing me during Jekyll & Hyde, but he just deals with that better than I do. I am going to be miserable without him around every night. I am thinking about volunteering for some production aspect of the show, just so I don't go stir crazy.
I found out something else very disappointing and disturbing when I called Bill last night to see if I had been cast. SOMEONE told him something very untrue. And very hurtful. Someone told Bill that I said I was unhappy with the casting of Senex. This is a complete and utter LIE. I don't know who told him I said this, but whoever did it...I am extremely hurt and unhappy that the truth would be completely ignored and this person would go outside of anything I said in confidence to tell Bill, a person with whom I am trying to rebuild a shaky friendship from years past, something untrue and hurtful. I am thrilled with the casting of Senex, and I think he will do a wonderful job. What I did say, that might have been taken the completely wrong way, was that I thought it was insensitive for that information to be broadcast to people who were still anxiously awaiting a callback. So, that being said. I guess I just have to keep my mouth shut in volatile situations from now on.
Thanksgiving & Christmas a little Early
Saturday was an awesome day. Michael and I went over to my dad's house to have Thanksgiving a week early. It was nice to do that...and so much more relaxed. As I get older, I find that I really enjoy more & more the company of my family. My relationship with my older brother and sister-in-law just gets better all the time. Michael loves my family, and they seem to love him. My dad's side of the family is just so country and simple, they don't pass judgment on anyone. I helped my aunt with the dishes after we ate, and that felt nice. For the past couple of years, I've just dumped off my plate and gone to watch football with my brothers and cousins, so it was nice to feel like I was helping out this year.
My little niece was adorable. She is four years old and just the cutest thing. She's all over the place though, so I have to take what little affection I can get from her before she's running off to do something else. She's so fun though.
We went to see The Polar Express later that afternoon as a family. Babs said it was creepy, but I have to vehemently disagree with her on this one. Sorry, Babs. :) I thought the movie was visually stunning. I swear, within the next decade or so, we won't even need actors anymore because the computer graphics these days are so realistic. The story was also beautiful, and it made me wish that I still had the childhood innocence of believing wholeheartedly in something I couldn't see. It reminded me of God in a way, because as we get older we start to question, and our blind faith becomes harder and harder to rely on.
Anyway, I loved the movie, and I love that Josh Groban has an awesome song on the soundtack. (Josh Groban = guilty pleasure) My little niece was so good during the movie, too. She just sat there, wide-eyed, and watched the entire thing. She was getting tired by the end of it though, I could tell. She gets very docile when she's sleepy, and I always take full advantage of her cuddliness. While we were waiting on the men to go get the cars, I was holding her in my lap. I asked her what her favorite part of the movie was, and as she leaned her head against my face and had one hand tangled in the back of my hair she whispered in her beautiful, child-like voice, "Santa." *sigh* What a wonderful day.
We're in the Money....Ca$h, Money, Ho's
After we left my family, we headed on down the rain-soaked roads to Shreveport, LA again. This trip wasn't quite as profitable as the last one, but we still walked away with an extra $800, which we split down the middle. I'm happy. We're currently at $4200 in the last four trips, and yet for some reason, people still won't go with us when we invite them. LOL We're planning on going again during a week day (probably a Sunday night through Monday deal) because I got a free room that expires on the 19th I believe. So, we could win some extra Christmas cash.
It was a fun trip though, and definitely a good thing for Michael and me. We needed to spend some extra time together. :) I love that man so much!
School and Jobs
I hate school. I am so sick of it right now that the prospect of even one more semester makes me want to just run away screaming.
I am looking for a job, too, so if anyone hears of anything let me know. I have found a couple on the UNT website that I will be applying for in HR tomorrow, but I'm goign to continue looking. I put in my resignation here at the Murch on on Friday, so this job will be ending with the semester. I will have Monday/Weds/Fri completely off next semester so I'm looking for an 8-5er for then. Hopefully something will come up. For right now, though, God is providing. I just got offered a church gig this week/weekend and possibly the next week/weekend, too for $80 each. That is an unexpected windfall, so that relieves some stress. :)
That's all for today. I'm going to go eat my Happy Meal now and play with my Incredibles toy. Happy Monday!
Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankels behind your ears that would ring a few bells.
*****************
Brian: Gosh, I'd like to help you, Peter, but I've got to go out in the hall and chew on the back of my ass for about five minutes.
(I'm going to use that one some time...)
Also, in other news....much props go to Babs. I'm happy for her, and she knows why. ;)
Anyway, here we go.
Forum wrap-up
So, for anyone who has been following along in my blog about the Forum auditions, the results are in. Michael will be playing Hysterium!! I am THRILLED for him! He's really excited, and nervous about playing the part. I would be, too! It's a very high energy show, and I think he'll do a great job. He's so good at playing these character roles, and I think he needs to do more of them so he'll be more confident about them. :) Very excited for him, indeed.
I however, was not cast. I am extremely disappointed...more so than I thought I would be. I knew by Saturday morning that I was not going to be cast (or even considered) as Philia, so I was hoping I'd be cast as one of the courtesan dancers. I thought that would be so fun, and I really was looking forward to dancing again, and losing some weight. I've seriously gained some weight, and it's pretty fucking depressing. I just cried and cried because I SO wanted to do this show with Michael. We talked it over though, and we made a deal with each other that we would no longer feel like one of us is "better" than the other. We agreed that we are both talented performers, and sometimes things just don't go our way. We also agreed to try our hardest to not let our own disappointments about not being cast in a show allow us to not be happy for the other person who did in fact get cast. It's one show. There will be others. I know he had to go through weeks of not seeing me during Jekyll & Hyde, but he just deals with that better than I do. I am going to be miserable without him around every night. I am thinking about volunteering for some production aspect of the show, just so I don't go stir crazy.
I found out something else very disappointing and disturbing when I called Bill last night to see if I had been cast. SOMEONE told him something very untrue. And very hurtful. Someone told Bill that I said I was unhappy with the casting of Senex. This is a complete and utter LIE. I don't know who told him I said this, but whoever did it...I am extremely hurt and unhappy that the truth would be completely ignored and this person would go outside of anything I said in confidence to tell Bill, a person with whom I am trying to rebuild a shaky friendship from years past, something untrue and hurtful. I am thrilled with the casting of Senex, and I think he will do a wonderful job. What I did say, that might have been taken the completely wrong way, was that I thought it was insensitive for that information to be broadcast to people who were still anxiously awaiting a callback. So, that being said. I guess I just have to keep my mouth shut in volatile situations from now on.
Thanksgiving & Christmas a little Early
Saturday was an awesome day. Michael and I went over to my dad's house to have Thanksgiving a week early. It was nice to do that...and so much more relaxed. As I get older, I find that I really enjoy more & more the company of my family. My relationship with my older brother and sister-in-law just gets better all the time. Michael loves my family, and they seem to love him. My dad's side of the family is just so country and simple, they don't pass judgment on anyone. I helped my aunt with the dishes after we ate, and that felt nice. For the past couple of years, I've just dumped off my plate and gone to watch football with my brothers and cousins, so it was nice to feel like I was helping out this year.
My little niece was adorable. She is four years old and just the cutest thing. She's all over the place though, so I have to take what little affection I can get from her before she's running off to do something else. She's so fun though.
We went to see The Polar Express later that afternoon as a family. Babs said it was creepy, but I have to vehemently disagree with her on this one. Sorry, Babs. :) I thought the movie was visually stunning. I swear, within the next decade or so, we won't even need actors anymore because the computer graphics these days are so realistic. The story was also beautiful, and it made me wish that I still had the childhood innocence of believing wholeheartedly in something I couldn't see. It reminded me of God in a way, because as we get older we start to question, and our blind faith becomes harder and harder to rely on.
Anyway, I loved the movie, and I love that Josh Groban has an awesome song on the soundtack. (Josh Groban = guilty pleasure) My little niece was so good during the movie, too. She just sat there, wide-eyed, and watched the entire thing. She was getting tired by the end of it though, I could tell. She gets very docile when she's sleepy, and I always take full advantage of her cuddliness. While we were waiting on the men to go get the cars, I was holding her in my lap. I asked her what her favorite part of the movie was, and as she leaned her head against my face and had one hand tangled in the back of my hair she whispered in her beautiful, child-like voice, "Santa." *sigh* What a wonderful day.
We're in the Money....Ca$h, Money, Ho's
After we left my family, we headed on down the rain-soaked roads to Shreveport, LA again. This trip wasn't quite as profitable as the last one, but we still walked away with an extra $800, which we split down the middle. I'm happy. We're currently at $4200 in the last four trips, and yet for some reason, people still won't go with us when we invite them. LOL We're planning on going again during a week day (probably a Sunday night through Monday deal) because I got a free room that expires on the 19th I believe. So, we could win some extra Christmas cash.
It was a fun trip though, and definitely a good thing for Michael and me. We needed to spend some extra time together. :) I love that man so much!
School and Jobs
I hate school. I am so sick of it right now that the prospect of even one more semester makes me want to just run away screaming.
I am looking for a job, too, so if anyone hears of anything let me know. I have found a couple on the UNT website that I will be applying for in HR tomorrow, but I'm goign to continue looking. I put in my resignation here at the Murch on on Friday, so this job will be ending with the semester. I will have Monday/Weds/Fri completely off next semester so I'm looking for an 8-5er for then. Hopefully something will come up. For right now, though, God is providing. I just got offered a church gig this week/weekend and possibly the next week/weekend, too for $80 each. That is an unexpected windfall, so that relieves some stress. :)
That's all for today. I'm going to go eat my Happy Meal now and play with my Incredibles toy. Happy Monday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home