Friday, November 26, 2004

Giving Thanks

You know, when I was younger, Thanksgiving was all about the food. I enjoyed seeing my family, sure, and it was cool to hang out with my cousins and stuff, but it was really no different from birthdays or Christmas. However, as I get older, Thanksgiving really means a lot more. I look at my family and the friends I am surrounded by, and I stop and realize how truly lucky I am.

Michael~ you mean more to me than the puny amount of webspace I am given for this blog would allow me to fill in. I love you, and I am thankful for you and all the things that being with you has taught me about myself, about loving others, and about strength of character and will. You mean more to me than anything in the entire world. :)

CatPants~Oh my dear CatPants...you are truly my very best friend. Ever since I first heard you sing at those auditions so long ago, I admired you (well that's not true...the first thing I thought was, "Damn, this bitch is better than I am!" LOL). You have been with me through some shitty-ass times, but more importantly...you have been in my life for some of my happiest memories. You and your hubby are so important to me and Michael and to our lives together! You are talented, beautiful, funny, and just a damn good person all around. I am thankful to have you in my life. I love you, girl.

MaribouSue~ It seems so silly to be professing my gratitude at all of your friendships with our silly internet names, but I know, I know... :) Anyway, Ms. Sue...I am thankful that I had the opportunity to meet you and be in such a wonderful production with you. You are truly one of the funniest gals I know (and trust me, I know some funny people!) and I love the way I can hardly breathe for laughing when I'm with you and your hubby. Thank you for busting my ass when I get self-depracating at times, and thank you for your ability to uplift and encourage people. You truly have a gift for raising people's spirits. I love you!

Babs~oh my Babs. My beautiful Babs. I am SO blessed to have you in my life. You have every quality that I admire in young women today. You are beautiful, you are strong and delicate at the same time, you have a wonderful sense of humor and a tremendous talent. I hope you and I never lose touch, and that we continue to grow in our friendship. I love you, girl.

To all my other friends and even strangers who read my random babblings here on the web...thank you for taking time out of your days to read my nonsensical, melodramatic (apparently), and overly-emotional ramblings. The comments I get are a nice surprise, and I hope that, maybe, the stuff I write in here may make you smile, or even shake your head a little.

I Am Thankful For:
friends
family
hot chocolate
the freedom I enjoy as an American
hugs from children
fireplaces and candles
kisses
my health
a roof over my head
puppies and kitties
Law & Order
my education
laughter...from myself and others
Starbucks
warm pajamas
my friends' blogs
email
musical theatre
music, period
ice cream
oatmeal
Bath & Body Works
rain
leftovers....

that's it for now. I just got off on a tear and now all I can think about is Thanksgiving leftovers...mmm.....I'm going to go on another trytophan overload...see ya'll tomorrow! Love you!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home