Why Naptime is Good
Remember in Kindergarten when we used to get naps in the middle of the day? Well, I actually went to only half day kindergarten, so I got my nap when I got back to the Daycare. But even when we moved to Krum and my brother had all day kindergarten, they still had naptime. In Spanish countries the whole damn country shuts down after lunch for a siesta. Why don't we do that here? Because we're trying to keep up with the Japanese that's why. We sleep, they create a new microchip and America falls behind. The romance-language-speaking countries really do have the right idea. Get up late and go to work late...eat a huge lunch with your entire family including pasta and lots of wine, TAKE A NAP, and then maybe go back to work. Sure, their economies aren't as great. But they are generally happier people and they're not as fat. You know why? Because they aren't trying to shovel down a Big Mac from McDonald's at their desks while working on their lunch "break."
I could use a nap right now. I am pretty much happy today, for the most part, but I would be happier if I didn't feel like nodding off in all my classes. I think I need to eat lunch. That could either give me a little more energy, or make my yearning for a siesta even worse. Hmmm.....I think food wins out here...
Very nervous about the show tonight. I have about 15 people that are coming to see me, and one of them is my mother. Talk about pressure. She already thinks I'm wasting my time doing this show, so I almost feel like I have to prove something to her, even though I know that's not true.
I watched Everybody Loves Raymond last night, and I swear to God...every time I watch that show Marie reminds me of my boyfriend's mother. She is awful. Dont' get me wrong, Debra can be a total bitch on that show, so I don't always sympathize with her completely...however, I just might turn into a bitch too if my mother-in-law were just like Marie and if my boyfriend never stood up for me or took my side like Raymond treats Debra. I just look at my honey and say "We would SO get a divorce...." That show actually makes me really angry sometimes. The fact that I was trying to finish up 30 pages of Spanish workbook pages probably didn't help my short temper though.....muy mal. Necesito una siesta, por favor!
I could use a nap right now. I am pretty much happy today, for the most part, but I would be happier if I didn't feel like nodding off in all my classes. I think I need to eat lunch. That could either give me a little more energy, or make my yearning for a siesta even worse. Hmmm.....I think food wins out here...
Very nervous about the show tonight. I have about 15 people that are coming to see me, and one of them is my mother. Talk about pressure. She already thinks I'm wasting my time doing this show, so I almost feel like I have to prove something to her, even though I know that's not true.
I watched Everybody Loves Raymond last night, and I swear to God...every time I watch that show Marie reminds me of my boyfriend's mother. She is awful. Dont' get me wrong, Debra can be a total bitch on that show, so I don't always sympathize with her completely...however, I just might turn into a bitch too if my mother-in-law were just like Marie and if my boyfriend never stood up for me or took my side like Raymond treats Debra. I just look at my honey and say "We would SO get a divorce...." That show actually makes me really angry sometimes. The fact that I was trying to finish up 30 pages of Spanish workbook pages probably didn't help my short temper though.....muy mal. Necesito una siesta, por favor!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home