Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Tuesday Morning Musings

So, I was just looking at the Jekyll & Hyde website, and there is a link to a Hirschfeld drawing of the three main characters of the show and it's AWESOME. It's also been autographed by Frank Wildhorn, Leslie Bricusse, Robert Cuccioli, Linda Eder, and Christiane Noll. I WANT IT. If I had a million dollars I would so buy one:
http://devorzongallery.com/artistprofile.php?pageNum_coll=0&totalRows_coll=1&artid=37

Maybe my Secret Buddy could buy me a copy of it....if it's who I think it is, he can afford it. And he/she owes me big time anyway. It really does bother me that I'm seeing my fellow cast mates get these really thoughtful, considerate gifts (or in some cases, baskets of gifts) from their Secret Buddies and I haven't gotten squat...not even on opening night. *sigh* OH well...everyone in the cast will give him/her a great big "Shame on you!" when the Secret Buddies are revealed. I, however, am having a blast picking out things and trying to be creative with my Secret Buddy. I can't wait till the Big Reveal!

There was this guy on campus this morning that completely restored my faith in gentlemen. I mean, my boyfriend is awesome, and he's always a gentleman to me, but the guys on campus are usually self-absorbed dick-faced frat guys with enough Abercrombie & Fitch on their bodies to feed Ethiopa for a decade. However, this morning as a certain quirky looking gentleman (probably a freshman) and I both approached the door to the language building at the same time, he practically threw himself in front of me to open the door for me. I was extremely surprised and could barely stammer out a "thanks" to him before I was off to Principles of Linguistics. What a nice surprise.

So I have discovered that I am turning into quite the sports fan. I willingly watched the entire Red Sox vs Yankees NLCS Championship Game last night with my man. I SO wanted the Sox to win, they haven't been to a World Series in like 60 years or something else terrible like that. Two nights ago, the series was 3-0 Yankees (the series is best of 7) and the Sox came back to win it in the 12th inning. LAST night, the score was tied 4-4 from the ninth inning on, until David Ortiz won the game again in the bottom of the 14th inning. That's a 6 hour long game, kids. But the Sox are still in the series, and off to NY to play the Yanks on their own home turf. I'm excited! I hate the Yankees. Especially Derek freakin' Jeter. He is such a cocky, arrogant son-of-a-bitch. I wish Pedro Martinez would "accidentally" throw the baseball right at his nuts during the game, and wipe that cocky mother fucking look right off his face. He doesn't even look excited when the Yanks make a good play, instead it's this expression of "I coulda done that better." He reminds me of a certain Henry Jekyll at times. Bill has it right when he says "Your talent is your gift from God, and how you use that talent is your gift back to Him." You know, all these divas, arrogant bastards, and ungrateful performers (musical or otherwise) in the world better re-think who gave them their talents...because if they continue to not be gracious, God could just snatch that talent away from them....

There. I'm done. For now.......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home