Wednesday, October 27, 2004

PMS: Men really should experience this!

I am not having a very good day today. And I think that’s because I just didn’t start out the week very well. I’m also supposed to start my period TODAY, so that explains a lot.

First of all, I look terrible. I have two pimples under my bottom lip that are huge, red, and painful, and another pimple just under my left eye, where the dark circles are. My eyes are bloodshot and I have dark spots under them because I was up till 2am because of a fight/discussion with Michael, and ended up sleeping through my alarm somehow. It was set for 6:30am and I woke up at 7:46am. I have a class at 8. I guess I could have gotten up and made it to class by 8:30, but I just didn’t. Then I just continued to sleep because I was pissed. I have NO MOTIVATION to go to class this week, and I think it’s because I am just so freaking sick of school. I hate it. I hate spending so much time and energy doing something I am not getting paid for. I never had a problem being at Borders by 8am to work during the summer. I didn’t exactly love the job, but I got up and went. And I know I’m “so close” to being done, I know this. I have one semester left, and right now it looks like I’ll only have to go to classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays next semester, so that will help with the financial situation. But I just have no motivation, and then I feel like a loser for not going. It’s a vicious cycle. I didn’t go to my classes (but one) on Monday, and I skipped two yesterday because I just wanted to go home and do homework for today...but you can guess how that went. All the homework got done, but I didn’t even go. Grrrrrr. So now I’m at the box office, and I left all my school books at home so I can’t even get ahead while I’m here. AND I have to go to work at the second crappy retail job immediately after leaving here. I want a normal, 9-5 or 8-5 job. I know people say things like “oh you say that now, but treasure your college years” and other bullshit. But I’m ready for a change.

JOB
Something cool did just happen though. One of the bosses here used to work at Water Tower Theatre, where I just applied for a job. He just came over to talk to me and right in front of me, he called a friend at Water Tower and told her that I would be an excellent person to hire for the job. So now not only do they have my resume and experience on hand, but also they have an excellent reference for me! J Please please please please God, let me get this job!

The World Series
I am SO excited that the Boston Red Sox are only one game away from winning the World Series! They beat St. Louis at home last night, 4-1, and St. Louis has a 6-0 record at home in the post-season, so that was HUGE. One more game, and they cinch it. I just hope they don’t lose tonight…the Sox are hot and they need to keep going on this streak!

Relationships
I am losing faith in the institution of a healthy relationship. Why do people cheat on their significant others? During the run of the show, I got so upset when I found out that Jekyll (who has a girlfriend) made out with Piano Player (who has a HUSBAND). At first I completely blamed Jekyll, because I don’t like him very much and because his girlfriend is a friend of mine. I knew that Piano Player was the aggressor, but she was having problems at home and Jekyll had been hitting on her from day one. However, as the run of the show came to a close, I started noticing some things about Piano Player. She is really desperately starved for attention. And I know she is adored by her husband, I’ve seen them together. I’ve decided that she must feel like she missed out on some things in life when she decided to get married (husband is considerably older than she is, it appears) and is now sowing some of her wild oats. Jekyll is still to blame for not stopping the incident before it happened, but I’m starting to get a little more upset at the way Piano Player behaved…

Then I find out that a fellow cast member who lives with her boyfriend went home and slept with another friend of hers after going to the bar one night because she was upset with said boyfriend. WHAT?? Since when does an argument, or a rough patch in a relationship give permission for infidelity?? Granted, this couple is not married, but if there is commitment involved, then there is no excuse.

Babs, you know how I feel about your situation and that anything I have said up to this point in my blog does not pertain to your situation. I love you and I respect you, and that will never change. J

New York City
I just got an email from Derbykat saying we should take a trip to NYC together. That email made me very happy, because I really do want to live there with Michael some day. I cannot express in words how badly I want him to get into the graduate school of his choice and really start to expand his career where it counts. I love him so much, and nothing would make me happier than moving with him somewhere new and exciting and seeing him excel. It’s kinda scary, sure, but we’re both young and in love and I think we’d be just fine! It’d be even better if Derbykat and her hubby moved up there the same time we did. (Hint, hint)

Sure, I’m just a country girl from Texas, but I think I’d do just fine up there. And with Michael by my side, we could do anything.

To reference the fight we had earlier…last night really opened my eyes about some things. We ended up making up (in a very nice way!) of course, but after some tears and some frustration I noticed that I can be very selfish. I think I’m trying to reach a compromise, but when it comes down to it, I usually end up getting what I want anyway without having to give much back. Well, last night was different. We reached an actual compromise last night where I ended up making some much needed concessions. I love this man so much, and when I realize that I could lose him or that we could lose what we have if we don’t constantly make a mutual effort it scares the piss out of me. And I love so much that he is willing to talk to me about important things. You always hear this stereotype about men who are unwilling to communicate. I got really lucky. J Okay I’ll stop gushing about my man now…
I’m hungry, so that’s probably a good reason to stop my rambling...for now anyway. Later gators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home