Friday, October 29, 2004

Babs' Writing Exercises

I have been reading Babs' blog a lot lately, because she just has the ability to create the most beautiful imagery in her writing. I envy that. I usually have too much shit from the week piling up inside my head to allow me to actually stop and just...create, I guess. I referenced Babs' blog a couple of entries ago, but in case you missed it, take the road less traveled:

http://lesstraveledby.blogspot.com

She is so awesome. She was my secret buddy during J&H and I just had the most fun picking out little things for her that I thought would be meaningful, I was almost disappointed to reveal myself. I think it's fun to have a secret buddy. Mine turned out to be a major disappointment, but at least it wasn't Jekyll like I thought it would be. I really didn't need to get mad at him....again.

But anyway, Babs if you ever read this anymore and you have any "topics" you'd like to pass on to encourage me to reopen the mind of this redheaded firecracker (as Ron In Pants so delicately put it in her link to my blog), please pass them along. Just please no Coffee Talk topics: "The Partridge Family is neither a partridge nor a family: discuss." haha

I love your writing, girl, and just maybe realize that the shit certain men put you through is at least inspiring you to take some probably much-needed alone time and write beautiful prose for your friends to read and meditate on. I love ya.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home