Monday, May 10, 2004

LAZY ASS MOOCHERS

Okay so here's a HUGE annoyance.

Michael lives with his brother Jeremy. His brother is 20 years old and has the worth of about a 500lb sloth. He sits at his computer from morning till night, sometimes venturing into the kitchen for something to eat (that doesnt' have to be unwrapped or cooked at all...that takes too much effort). I can deal with Jeremy though. He's a sweet kid, and he's my future brother-in-law.
However. Jeremy has this friend named Kurt, who lives in Louisiana. Kurt has a girlfriend named Melissa. Kurt is 20. Melissa is 26 and already divorced. Melissa has been evicted from her apartment and fired from her job, and her parents won't help her. She can't live with Kurt because Kurt lives with HIS parents. So what happens to poor Melissa? JEREMY offers for her to stay with him and Michael in TEXAS. Why? Still haven't figured that one out.
So, for almost 2 months now (at least) Melissa has been HERE. She finally got a job (caregiver of sorts for old people.) She COULD have had the same sort of job in a live-in situation. That would've been the best idea, because that way she wouldn't be HERE all the time. But the other one pays more money of course, so she chooses that one.
After the gets her first paycheck, she buys a cell phone. Then she wants Mandy to take her shopping (since she doesnt' have a car) so she can buy "cute clothes for the next time she sees Kurt." So I took her once. But now she always wants me to take her places, she wants to invite a new friend over to MICHAEL'S APARTMENT to drink beer and spend the night, and she just informed me that she's flying to see Kurt soon.
Here is my question: WHY doesn't she use all this money she's WASTING and save up for a car or her own damn apartment???I seriously hope this girl doesn't think she's going to be here till whenever she wants.
And she doesn't even help out. She cooks her own food, but then cleans the pan in a half-ass way (IF she cleans). She is always in the living room, and when Michael and I ask her if we can watch American Idol while we cook, she sighs and says "I GUESS so", changes the channel from Lifetime to ABC, and then huffs away. She stays up all night and sleeps in the living room till 3pm. So any time Michael and I want alone time we are either confined to his room or we have to go somewhere else.
She is seriously wearing out her welcome. It's not my apartment either, but at least I cook and clean and help with groceries. Plus, I'm Michael's girlfriend! It's totally different. And Michael's too nice. But if she keeps being disrespectful to someone who is doing her a HUGE favor, I WILL say something to her. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home