Pet Peeves
So I've recently been cataloguing in my mind this long list of major pet peeves. I don't think they're anything unreasonable or out of line, they're just little annoyances that too large a percentage of the population choose to do EVERY DAY. Again, nothing that no other normal human being wouldn't find irritating.
One is the Confused Door Opener. This is the type of person when, approaching a set of double doors, chooses to enter/exit through the door on the left. You know, this makes no sense to me. It's just like traffic, folks. Stay in the RIGHT HAND LANE, no matter which way you're going. Because if you don't, then the person who IS going in the right (correct) door will get smashed in the face by the person being lazy by going through the Left door. A good friend of mine also mentioned another form of Confused Door Opener, and that is the person with the "Stop everything, I'M HERE!" attitude. This person comes through BOTH sets of doors through the middle. This could cause some serious facial damage to anyone trying to get through the door. I mean come on, when I'm driving down I35 I can't just, out of laziness, start driving in the left lane!!!
The second annoyance today is the "I Didn't Do My Homework" pet peeve. Granted, there are times when I didn't read completely, or maybe just scanned, the reading assignment. But, if you're going to do that, then at LEAST be prepared to bs your way through class intelligently. Seriously. I actually get embarrassed for these losers. You're in college for crying out loud. If you don't read the stuff, you can almost put a million dollars on the teacher/professor singling you out and asking you what you thought. And, if he/she does, at least own up to it if you can't bs your way out of a paper bag! But saying things like "Uh yeah....I found it interesting (ps...*interesting* is the word that gives away that you don't nkow jack shit about what you're talking about) how the author used descriptive words." Another is "Yeah I agree with (insert classmate's name) on what he/she said." But my FAVORITE is in my Southern American Literature class, when they'll say (in an attempt to spark discussion), "I just didn't really get the plot". That's because you didn't READ it, dipshit, or "I like this story because it reminds me of my grandpa." OH MY GOD. It makes me want to use the pages of my book to give myself papercuts just so the pain will distract me from these morons.
That's it for now. Ask me again later...probably even later today....and I'll probably have more! :)
One is the Confused Door Opener. This is the type of person when, approaching a set of double doors, chooses to enter/exit through the door on the left. You know, this makes no sense to me. It's just like traffic, folks. Stay in the RIGHT HAND LANE, no matter which way you're going. Because if you don't, then the person who IS going in the right (correct) door will get smashed in the face by the person being lazy by going through the Left door. A good friend of mine also mentioned another form of Confused Door Opener, and that is the person with the "Stop everything, I'M HERE!" attitude. This person comes through BOTH sets of doors through the middle. This could cause some serious facial damage to anyone trying to get through the door. I mean come on, when I'm driving down I35 I can't just, out of laziness, start driving in the left lane!!!
The second annoyance today is the "I Didn't Do My Homework" pet peeve. Granted, there are times when I didn't read completely, or maybe just scanned, the reading assignment. But, if you're going to do that, then at LEAST be prepared to bs your way through class intelligently. Seriously. I actually get embarrassed for these losers. You're in college for crying out loud. If you don't read the stuff, you can almost put a million dollars on the teacher/professor singling you out and asking you what you thought. And, if he/she does, at least own up to it if you can't bs your way out of a paper bag! But saying things like "Uh yeah....I found it interesting (ps...*interesting* is the word that gives away that you don't nkow jack shit about what you're talking about) how the author used descriptive words." Another is "Yeah I agree with (insert classmate's name) on what he/she said." But my FAVORITE is in my Southern American Literature class, when they'll say (in an attempt to spark discussion), "I just didn't really get the plot". That's because you didn't READ it, dipshit, or "I like this story because it reminds me of my grandpa." OH MY GOD. It makes me want to use the pages of my book to give myself papercuts just so the pain will distract me from these morons.
That's it for now. Ask me again later...probably even later today....and I'll probably have more! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home